Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

hello from Canada

hello every one , i'm Cowkiller. i love Everquest series beta tested a few of them to. i'm hoping the bards are as good or better then EQ2 as that is my main . i also love house decorating and wondering if this game will have something similar ?

i'm also a member of the guild TOG
http://www.theoldergamers.com/

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the forums!
    && We can have our own houses and such I'm pretty sure we'll be able to have all kinds of decor from crafting and such.
    Not much info on that yet but I'd imagine it to be ^~^
  • Options
    ^ Pretty much answered it!
    I'll add to that - if you love your house you'll need to defend it with all your heart :D

Welcome to the community! o/
  • Options
    Cowkiller welcome and hello!
  • Options
    hi
  • Options
    Welcome Traveler!!!! Glad to have ya aboard the Hype Train!!!!!!

Yes their will be items to you can make or buy to decorate your house little info on housing!!!

-Can other players destroy my player housing?

+Player housing is only attackable if the node owner loses in a siege, and then only if the housing is within that zone of influence. Items inside of the housing will be retained on the account of the original housing owner.

-What types of player housing are there, and what type of buildings will players be able to build?
    There are three types: Static housing (within the node), instanced node apartments, and open world land ownerships “freehold” (building your own). You may acquire blueprints for structures to be built on the land you may claim such as home, stables, crafting stations, etc.

+Static housing - There will be a finite number of houses per node. You can build a house in the early stages development of a node and reap benefits from it if that node progresses into later stage. Houses will grow along with the node and are open world.

+Instanced housing/“Apartments” - Basically housing for politics within a node. Houses for government and other political housing.

+Open world land ownerships/“Freeholds” - You will lay claim to a piece of land out in the world. On that land you will have space to build a home, grow a farm, build all kinds of different workstations and so much more.
    When players claim plots of land out in the world, they will be able to construct different types of buildings on that plot. Some of those types are social buildings such as an Inn, or tavern. These buildings allow the owner to sell certain consumables that enhance a player's abilities in game. Most of these consumables are only purchasable from these buildings. There are few consumables that can be carried on your character. But we are still testing this idea

-Can you explain more on the apartments?

+Apartments will be instanced forms of housing. If a player run government of a node decides to build an apartment complex within the node, that will allow other players to purchase those apartments.

-Can you explain more on Freeholds? (Kickstarter video)

-Freeholds are plots that can be placed in the open world, so long as the area falls under the Zone of Influence of a Stage 3 node or above. These plots allow players to build many different types of buildings, that have wide ranging effects and abilities. Where these may be placed will be pretty much anywhere, so long as it does not overlay a spawn zone, road pathing, proximity zones to other plots, hard terrain features (mountainside, cliff {trees or rocks are fine} etc) Building designs will be diverse and have many skins that are both unique and limited.
    Freeholds will include be designed so that players may interact with certain aspects of it. This will allow for visitors to come and eat at a tavern or rest at an inn on a freehold which will then grant benefits to the visitor while they’re within proximity to that freehold.
    We’re currently thinking of ways to incorporate how different environments have different impacts on a freehold. For example: if you’re into agriculture and plant your freehold next to a river (constant water source), that land may grant the player multitudes of benefits for planting there instead of a different area that lacks of river.

How did you hear about Ashes of Creation?
    What do you hope to see in Ashes of creation?
    Got a question just ask meh ill try my best to answer it!

Hope this helps!

Info down below! ( Want to dive into the community join the Discord)
  • Options

Yes their will be items to you can make or buy to decorate your house little info on housing!!!

-Can other players destroy my player housing?

+Player housing is only attackable if the node owner loses in a siege, and then only if the housing is within that zone of influence. Items inside of the housing will be retained on the account of the original housing owner.

-What types of player housing are there, and what type of buildings will players be able to build?
    There are three types: Static housing (within the node), instanced node apartments, and open world land ownerships “freehold” (building your own). You may acquire blueprints for structures to be built on the land you may claim such as home, stables, crafting stations, etc.

+Static housing - There will be a finite number of houses per node. You can build a house in the early stages development of a node and reap benefits from it if that node progresses into later stage. Houses will grow along with the node and are open world.

+Instanced housing/“Apartments” - Basically housing for politics within a node. Houses for government and other political housing.

+Open world land ownerships/“Freeholds” - You will lay claim to a piece of land out in the world. On that land you will have space to build a home, grow a farm, build all kinds of different workstations and so much more.
    When players claim plots of land out in the world, they will be able to construct different types of buildings on that plot. Some of those types are social buildings such as an Inn, or tavern. These buildings allow the owner to sell certain consumables that enhance a player's abilities in game. Most of these consumables are only purchasable from these buildings. There are few consumables that can be carried on your character. But we are still testing this idea

-Can you explain more on the apartments?

+Apartments will be instanced forms of housing. If a player run government of a node decides to build an apartment complex within the node, that will allow other players to purchase those apartments.

-Can you explain more on Freeholds? (Kickstarter video)

-Freeholds are plots that can be placed in the open world, so long as the area falls under the Zone of Influence of a Stage 3 node or above. These plots allow players to build many different types of buildings, that have wide ranging effects and abilities. Where these may be placed will be pretty much anywhere, so long as it does not overlay a spawn zone, road pathing, proximity zones to other plots, hard terrain features (mountainside, cliff {trees or rocks are fine} etc) Building designs will be diverse and have many skins that are both unique and limited.
    Freeholds will include be designed so that players may interact with certain aspects of it. This will allow for visitors to come and eat at a tavern or rest at an inn on a freehold which will then grant benefits to the visitor while they’re within proximity to that freehold.
    We’re currently thinking of ways to incorporate how different environments have different impacts on a freehold. For example: if you’re into agriculture and plant your freehold next to a river (constant water source), that land may grant the player multitudes of benefits for planting there instead of a different area that lacks of river.!

Hope this helps!

• Options

Theirs 3 types of homes Static housing , Instanced housing/apartments , Freeholds

Static housing: are a few number of houses that are attach to a node theses houses will get bigger if the Node progress a level so free upgrade!!!!!!
    (inside the node)

Instanced housing/apartments: In your node your government can rent out apartments that are unlimited considering its instanced
    (Theses will be probably cheaper then the other 3 Also in side node house)

Freeholds: Freeholds are Houses you build your self from scratch, however they need to be in a nodes influence and the node has to be level 3 in order to make a Freehold. You can build farms/ and many other different things on your nodes

For more info on this topic go to page 26 ( CTRL + F Search bar comes up Type "houses" )

<a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/14luppZ3Ub8jmcw_aK65QWxYY4xa8qAo9zRfpYWBxOXE/edit#" target="_blank">here </a>

<a href="https://youtu.be/mMvubbX-SHg" target="_blank">Node video Number 1 </a>

<a href="https://youtu.be/44HChA1Kkfk" target="_blank">Node video number 2 </a>

Hope this helps!

• Options

Theirs 3 types of homes Static housing , Instanced housing/apartments , Freeholds

Static housing: are a few number of houses that are attach to a node theses houses will get bigger if the Node progress a level so free upgrade!!!!!!
    (inside the node)

Instanced housing/apartments: In your node your government can rent out apartments that are unlimited considering its instanced
    (Theses will be probably cheaper then the other 3 Also in side node house)

Freeholds: Freeholds are Houses you build your self from scratch, however they need to be in a nodes influence and the node has to be level 3 in order to make a Freehold. You can build farms/ and many other different things on your nodes
    (out side but around the node! )

For more info on this topic go to page 26 ( CTRL + F Search bar comes up Type "houses" )

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14luppZ3Ub8jmcw_aK65QWxYY4xa8qAo9zRfpYWBxOXE/edit#

https://youtu.be/mMvubbX-SHg
    https://youtu.be/44HChA1Kkfk

Hope this helps!

• Options

Welcome to the Ashes of Creation forums!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM or add me on Discord (Sarumonin#2103) for anything related to Ashes of Creation. 

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ