Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question about social groups and crafting

Hi,

I was wondering if the choice of social group (Thieves guild, Scholars, Explorers) will influence which crafting schematics i'm able to steal/study/discover. Like if i was to join the scholars guild would i be able to make rare to perhaps even legendary quality items otherwise unavailable if i wasn't in that particular group? And if so, would my choice of social group limit me to discovering schematics only for certain classes? E.g. Scholars let you study and make better mage/bard/.. equipment, thieves guild would let me steal better rogue schematics and so on..

I ask this because the devs would like the crafting sytem to have meaning and i think that this kind would help make it so that not every player can craft the same items (maybe even within the same social group) allowing for a more diverse market. So that as said in one of the Q&A's, the sword/staff/.. perfect for a player's playstyle could only be made by a handful of players, and the player making these items his/her name would be revered on the server.

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they said in one of the live streams that yes, depending on your social group affiliation you would have access to different designs/blue prints/etc. As you climb the ranks of the group (they used the Thieve's Guild as an example) you could learn how to make stealth based items that members of other groups couldn't.
  • Options
    Yup, that sounds about right @Worth.
  • Options
    With the $2million stretch goal unlocked, Social organizations are now a part of the game! This includes deep story driven organizations that players can advance in, and help to spread across the nodes in the game. Accomplishing goals and server driven questlines relating to these organizations. A more in-depth blog on each of the organizations will be released during development.

I don't know if this will effect Professions. Personally my thought is no you might get certain gear that can only be achievable from theses quest lines or even perhaps learn new skills to in advance your stats in X category's , but learning new blue prints to crafting....well can't say for sure I don't see it as not a possibility though

Moral of the story is the game is still in Pre-Alpha can't say for sure!

just my thoughts though