Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP Theorycrafting

Hello friends,

I just wanted to take a minute to imagine myself in Ashes of Creation as a PvPer. So far it sounds like my options are Sieging, Caravans, Instanced PvP and Militaristic Nodes.

Sieging is going to be a great way for guilds and communities to immerse themselves into the world while PvPing! I imagine these battles being large scale and with the assistance of siege weapons. This sounds like a lot of fun, but not ideal for testing my individual strength.

Caravans is going to be an easy and fun way for my friends and I to go out into the world and PvP together. I like the idea of being rewarded for my PvP efforts as well! While they said you cannot solo a caravan I imagine this type of PvP being a much smaller scale than sieging and probably something me and a few of my friends could do with relative success.

We haven't heard much about Instanced PvP content but there have been mentions of arena style PvP as well as leaderboards. I think it's important to have a competitive aspect to PvP and arenas/small scale ranked BGs definitely fill that role. Although I am not sure if BGs are going to fit into this game because it sounds like they want people to immerse into the world rather than queue for a battle.

Lastly the Militaristic Nodes. The PvPers paradise! Since players likely won't be out in the world ganking to flex their muscles due to the corruption system, I imagine they will spend their free time here. While it is not clear exactly what is going to take place here and how one becomes the leader, I am hopeful that a 1v1 winner takes all event is going to be the determination. I think a ladder system that other citizens can watch and place bets on would be a great way to make the Militaristic node come to life!

Overall the PvP systems in place sound very rewarding and more meaningful than simply ganking other players out in the world. I am eager to here everyone elses thoughts! Please let me know if you think I left something out.