Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Last stream question!

They said "the KS steeds/mule are a "skin" that you put on your mount once you achieve one."

But! they forgot the dawnbreaker is this also a skin or a real mount from the start? I would guess its a skin to?

Comments

• Options
    They really need to clarify in their KS exactly what people are getting for their pledge.

It's really bothering me since they clarified the mount skin, what else have they misled people with? The moonstrider and tidesnapper? Even the pets? I'm not accusing them of intentionally misleading people but it really has added confusion for many people.
  • Options
    For all we know you may have a mount before you get out of the intro area. But you are right they do need to clarify this. I did need back the kickstarter(damn Poverty) and i dont care if it is a skin or an actual mount but their fear of being labled P2W should not affect folks who are supporting the game this far out.
  • Options
    @crymthann

They already express you won't have access to a mount through KS. You will have to find/bred/tame a mount in game.

I get the P2W argument, but like any good business practice, being clear and transparent is very important to your customers. It's like buying a new washing machine that said it had a 10yr warranty. But when it breaks, the manufacturer said it only covers for A, B, C and not X, Y, Z.

I'm with you on this issue not changing my pledge value, but I'm sure there are many who would downgrade their pledge if this was the case.
  • Options
    I think there's another thread on this peeps. Steven addressed the issue in it and said he'd clarify it next time they update the KS page. Ill try to find the link if you haven't already seen it.

EDIT: Here's the other thread: <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/i-have-a-beef-re-twitch-live-stream-52417-kickstarter-mounts/">https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/i-have-a-beef-re-twitch-live-stream-52417-kickstarter-mounts/</a>

Hopefully that link works but you can copy pasta it if it doesnt.
  • Options
    I agree there should be transpatancy when selling a product. Perhaps the mounts should have been advertised as mount skins. However when ever they have been asked about what it is you are getting they have never even paused before rushing to defend their non P2W policy by pointing out that you are not riding out of the portal on your shiny new backer reward and then racing off into the distance while all the non backers are trudging through the mud in their bare feet.

It would be nice if an update clarifying this was made on the kickstarter site and hence emailed to people who have already backed before the end of the campain so there can be no complaints later.

I personaly was pleased when I found this out. Any achievment or reputation gained in game is always questioned if you have a percieved advantage. I will be able to ride my backer mount and use my sparkly weapon without having any acheivment I might obtain be stained by the chant "well he paid for that sucess" :)