Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Variety of armor/weapons, legendary items.

Hey guys. I have a question for those who absorbed all information about AOC. What I miss about modern MMOs is the option to finish an impossible quest and recieve insane legendary weapon. I donno how many of you seen for example SAO where the main protagonist recieves the Excalibur after completing the seemingly impossible quest but something similar. I would love to see that here. Only few weapons to be obtainable per server and the quest for each would be kept secret and maybe someone would be lucky to complete it...something like that. Of course same would go for legendary armor. Is there something like that planned?

And another question - is there a plan for a huge variety of armor/weapon skins? When you look at Black desert online the only way to get a unique skin is to buy it for the price of a standalone game (20-30 euros per skin) which is a theft during a day. I would love to see a lot of skins, better looking with more crafting difficulty.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    In SAO they completed a hard quest but it wasn't near to impossible, the one where he saves the girl from a bird cage was the one almost impossible.
    ANyway, this can be great but it will be saddening for other players who will never be able to obtain them. I prefer having a hard raid boss which drops legendary weapons instead. That way, by working hard with friends/guildmates/players with good teamplay, you can receive rewards that equal your effort on it.

We don't know about the skins yet (as for armor/character yes but for weapons idk).
  • Options
    Well making other people sad/jealous would be the point lol. If you worked hard AF why would you care about others people feelings? You WANT to show off :) Trouble with legendary bosses or world bosses is that in the end it all depends on RNG...who gets the loot. As a Lineage 2 fan I dont mind that, but it gets tedious after a while if you happen to not win the roll over and over and over again. As I play with my friend only I would love to see something some quest for duo. Accomplish insanely hard quest which can take up to 5 months, get 100% reward in a form of insanely good legendary (might not be overpowered but slightly better stats than the top weapon available through crafting + legendary skin)
  • Options
    Just have a wide variety of apparel. And a wide variety of components and enchantments.
    In AO, my main wore a T-shirt with yin/yang symbol for the chest piece.
    Looking cool and unique doesn't have to be associated with being uber.

Legendary items will come from defeating boss mobs that are capable of destroying a significant portion of a city - dragons, etc.
    Or for successfully destroying or taking over a castle or Metropolis.
  • Options
    Yes. Pretty sure steven confirmed rare talismans are confirmed.
    But more in context of story/quest use rather than wreck everyone I think.
    The last twitch stream covered a bit about customising gear.
  • Options
    @N1trix Based on what I gather from Steven's comments, there will be 'artifact' tier items that are literally 1 per server (as unique as possible), and legendary items that are so rare that there'll only be a few per server. It sounds like they want a very tiered system to item acquisition, so it should bring back that aspect of MMOs.

Seeing as how everything in the cash shop will be cosmetic and non-P2W, I'm confident that there'll be tons of variety to skins as that's the pillar of what they'll be selling to supplement revenue. But I don't think Steven and the devs have gone into too much depth on how skins can be acquired outside of the cash shop. My guess is skins will also be crafted, rare drops from epic monsters, and potentially transmogrification (like stripped from one item and put on another). If someone caught this in a past Q&A, they might be able to elaborate here.
  • Options
    I can see how this would be awesome and while <strong>Atsukai</strong> makes some good points, I think that <strong>N1trix</strong> has a great idea and was on the right track about showing off.

Being able to obtain a special item that is one of a kind would be a great reward for hardcore players who have invested a lot of time into the game. Something that you could show off and rewards you greatly, maybe even something that is unique in how it works in the game world.
    There should also be team rewards in a similar catagory, something that can be placed in a guild hall or maybe a permant buff for people who were there.
  • Options
    Q: Will there be legendary quest lines outside the typical grind quest?
    A: Yes. Jeff and Steven have expressed the need for epic lore and story telling. They plan to spit questing into two categories. 1) The everyday, no special dialog, grind quest for players who want to grind. 2) The epic-chain-lore driven quest for players who seek adventure and immersion.

Q: Will there be legendary items in terms of quantity?
    A: Yes. They are bringing back the meaning of legendary items. Only a handful of legendary items will exist at any given time. Since they have item decay, these legendary items will have limited use, and to repair them, you would need material of equal legendary status.

Q: Skins at an affordable price?
    A: Most likely. Since it's subscription base, the cash shop is purely cosmetic and they are implementing a community contest that will allow players to submit skin ideas that will be available in shop for a limited time. Winners get a free copy of their drawing.

Q: Can you craft legendary?
    A: Yes. Everything obtainable through drop tables are craftable.

Q: Will you have options of customize your crafted item(similar to character creation suite)?
    A: Possible. Steven likes the idea but Jeff sees problems on the production side. It might be too hard to implement something on the level of character creation suite but possible a more simple idea.

Q: Epic quest>epic loot?
    A: Yes. One of their main game philosophy is Risk vs. Reward. If the reward is a legendary item, then the risk to complete it will be of equal difficulty.
  • Options
    A: Yes. Jeff and Steven have expressed the need for epic lore and story telling. They plan to spit questing into two categories. 1) The everyday, no special dialog, grind quest for players who want to grind. 2) The epic-chain-lore driven quest for players who seek adventure and immersion.

A: Yes. They are bringing back the meaning of legendary items. Only a handful of legendary items will exist at any given time. Since they have item decay, these legendary items will have limited use, and to repair them, you would need material of equal legendary status.

A: Most likely. Since it's subscription base, the cash shop is purely cosmetic and they are implementing a community contest that will allow players to submit skin ideas that will be available in shop for a limited time. Winners get a free copy of their drawing.

Q: Will you have options of customize your crafted item(similar to character creation suite)?
    A: Possible. Steven likes the idea but Jeff sees problems on the production side. It might be too hard to implement something on the level of character creation suite but possible a more simple idea.

Q: Epic quest for epic loot?
    A: Yes. One of their main game philosophy is Risk vs. Reward. If the reward is a legendary item, then the risk to complete it will be of equal difficulty.
  • Options

• Options
  • Options

• Options
  • Options

• Options
    Q: Will there be legendary item?

Edit: Sorry I tried posting all in one, but for some reason there was a problem with this particular question which I had to edit several times to make it work.
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for that info mate! :)