Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Server Transfer - how might it work?

First, the obligatory apology in case this topic has already been covered in another thread...

Now, the question... One of the most delicious things about Ashes is the idea that one server may vary from another depending on how the players play. So this leads me to wonder if players will be able to transfer characters easily/cheaply/at all from one server to another.

I realise it's early days, but thought I'd put it out there anyway.

XOXO Julep

Comments

• Options
    The devs mention only about server transfer in the context of overpopulation/underpopulation but not for simply trying out different server lore/quest. They have not given any detail on how they would implement it, but they have it in mind if the time arises.

Not to necro my own thread but I put out an interesting idea on this topic.

Basically, you connect servers by sea. There will be a load screen somewhere in the sea, that's when you transfer your character over.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/crazy-idea-but-since-the-1-5-mil-milestone/
  • Options
    That's actually a pretty cute idea - especially immersion-wise... to sail off to sea and come back on a totally different server.

I would expect different server communities will create different worlds with an eye toward certain play styles.
    For example, some servers may be more dynamic with the rise and fall of cities, where others may be more stable. And those differences may not become apparent until months after launch. So players may want to move in the hopes of finding the server that fits them best.

But I also suspect there may be good reasons why players server hopping could become an issue. So I guess the Devs will need to find a balance.
  • Options
    If anyone else hears word about this, please post here :)