Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

This is the MMO I've been waiting for..

I've been playing MMO's since I was 14 -- Asheron's Call was my first MMO. I'm now in my 30's, and my wife and I are very excited about this game. We wish the development team the absolute best.

I haven't even seen the classes yet and I'm already sold.

Comments

• Options
    `So true ;), but i am not 30 but still ;) xD.

Hope to see you around.
  • Options
    Right there with you, Welphgryn. I remember playing Meridian 59 back in 95-96 and now I'm in my 30s. This development teams seems very open to ideas and constructive feedback. Can't wait to see what they do with the game!
  • Options
    Nice to see some fellow players in their 30's! I've been soaking up every bit of information I can get on this game since it was announced back in December, and am very much looking forward to playing it...despite the fact that I'll be closer to a player in his 40's when it releases <.< lol
  • Options
    Same here T^T
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/this-is-the-mmo-ive-been-waiting-for/#post-29991">dunbarth wrote:</a></div>Nice to see some fellow players in their 30’s! .....despite the fact that I’ll be closer to a player in his 40’s when it releases <.< lol

</blockquote>

Same same :D
    I was going to say something like with age comes experience, wisdom and maturity..... but then one of my hounds farted and I couldn't stop myself from giggling. :)
  • Options
    Yes I started playing MMO's in the early 2000s as a way to enjoy the company and keep in touch with friends back home when I moved abroad to work. Something unexpected happened. I met a load of new people with whom I have made lasting friendships. aswell. That is what i love about MMO's, however the comunitiy part of MMO's seems to have died out a bit and I am hoping this game will reinvigerate it.

Glad this game is attracting a lot of maturer playes. I myself will be 43 next month and will be in the mid 40s bracket by the time the game gets full release 0_o
  • Options
    Same here,I'm in my early 50's and started playing MMORPGs in early 2000 and still going strong.My favorite thing about this game is that it embraces immersion over convenience....that's a big "sold" for me.
  • Options
    Agreed. risk vs reward and effort vs reward is a forgotton art. Hopefully the devs will stick to their guns on this concept and not panda to all the whining "everybody should be able to do and have everything" crowd.

I work full time and therfore will only be able to play a few hours a night a few times a week and you still wont see me begging for conveneince. You just have to see what you can do well at in the time you can comit and then carve yourself out a path to enjoy your game time. In my opinion, the more time and effort it takes to achieve something the more value it holds as an achievment.