Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will our hotbar be clickable?

As the post says, will our hotbar be clickable with the mouse or will we have to use the number keys?

Comments

• since the mouse is already in use for aiming, I think that would make no sense.
  • No tab targeting then?
  • LOL never. tab targeting may not be the ideal system, but it will ensure that people who play it actually have some skill and are not progressing by smashing the mouse/keyboard + some pure dumb luck.
  • In the past livestream they did click the enemies to target them and attack, the mouse wasn't bound for aiming at the time. It's still early in development so this may change. If I remember right they stated there would be a combination of tab targeting and more template or skillshot type skills. You might be able to click the hotbar but you might be at a disadvantage for the skillshot type skills.

https://youtu.be/89xpFEeuKiI?t=5m50s
  • @Rumgar

That is 100% correct.

@shadryx21

We don't know yet. :)

@Irobot

There's still debate for tab-targetting vs action combat(somewhere in the general forum). The devs already stated that they will have a mix between tab targetting and action combat so someone would need to convince them otherwise.
  • Yes,

That is one of the primary functions I need to see before commitment. I am not going to play another carpel tunnel FPS in an MMORPG again.
  • tab targeting is sometimes nicer because in reticle mode:

- you have to pause and press special key to get your mouse to tab between chat tabs while you chat
    - you have to pause and press special key to get your mouse to mouse over mini map to read object info or quest info
    - you have to pause and press special key to get your mouse to mouse over buffs and effects icon on you, your friends and your enemies to actually read what effects to, specially in beginning while you are learning but after also, this is specially annoying to do during combat (and it happens during combat)
    - etc. stuff likethat