Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Group spells idea?

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine brought up a neat idea of possibly have some sort of group or grand spell of sorts that requires several say casters to use some spells in coordination with each other to cast some sort of massive attack that has some sort of role in a larger boss fight or something. Maybe to take out a section of the boss or a key structure in the fight to greatly weaken him or start the next phase. There are tons of different things players have to do in other games to start things like this but rarely do you see abilities that are devoted to work and rely on another classes or players spell.

Just some thoughts let me know what you think. :)

Comments

• Options
    All poor physical classes would be feeling so left out with such a system :p
  • Options
    You could integrate something of the same of ideas with melee, some ability to bounce and rotate major abilities to do more damage?
  • Options
    A concept such as this would not be impossible to balance. Make the starting of the cast difficult, make it require a catalyst of sorts. All casters must remain stationary for the duration of the cast and the initiation of such a spell should draw all the aggro of surrounding NPC monsters. If the mechanics of the cast are challenging enough to complete and the cast time large enough it should give the victim party plenty of time to make a complete effort to interrupt the finalization of the spell.
  • Options
    Group spells for mages.
    Choirs for bards.
    Greater demons for summoners.
    Wall of shields for tanks.
    For rogues don't know, coordinated lightning fast combo attack flurry from stealth like in one of my Japanese animes.
    But basically it will just mean that for each boss there will be own different metacomp, taking spots from "unoptimal" classes.
    And the less is the size of group the worse it becomes. For 40man scenario having predetermined 4-5 mages (for example) is kinda alright. But if you have, lets say 10 people and in order to weaken boss you must use a 3 summoner combo thingie that's becoming really unhealthy for a comp.
  • Options
    Well we know (I think summoners) have a group spell to summon a massive golem at a siege so perhaps other classes - I imagine based on primary spec - will have a special group siege skill.
    Wall shield for tanks yes please *_*
    Like in the last kingdom *drool*
    Would be so epic xD