Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is Everyone Else as MMO Starved as Me?

Hello all from less-than-sunny California!

The more I look into this game the more it raises in my esteem, and the more likely I feel like it's a scam. No disrespect intended, but I come from EVE Online and ArcheAge meaning I trust exactly no one. That being said, I'm willing to throw some money down a black hole on the off chance that someone actually does manage to modernize the MMORPG genre. I'd gladly settle for half the content promised by recent kickstarters (Camelot Unchained, Chronicles of Elyria, Crowfall, and now Ashes of Creation). Then again, if Hex: Shards of Fate has taught me one thing it's that it is absolutely possible for a passionate team to completely resurrect a dead and decaying game genre. I hope the folks at Intrepid take some pages out of Hex Entertainment's playbook.

Bet that's enough negativity. Behind the cynicism, I'm really hyped for what Ashes of Creation seems to be offering. Will be waiting with bated breath for each update :)

Comments

• Options
    Well, it very well could be but I doubt it, nothing I've seen raises any red flags. I really want this to turn out well as well because ya, I'm MMO strved lol. The last MMO I played for more than an hour or two then quit is Star Wars Galaxies but so much about that game drives the hell out of me that I have a hard time wanting to play. The bad balance all around, how little player actions mean anything, players obsession with a crafting based economy and more. The only other non war game MMO I enjoyed in the last decade was Rift Planes of Telara but that got so repetitive as it was just closing rifts, dealing with invasion forces either those on the move or their footholds or killing a boss where you lag like crazy or dungeons you have beaten or grinding. I think the reason that this will not end badly is because the developers are also gamers where as most if not all publishers are by non gamers just trying to make money so they can't see things from a player's perspective.
  • Options
    Time will tell but we're all very hopeful and everything sees promising so far :D
    Welcome to the community o/
  • Options
    Is not sunny in CA? Its bright and sunny up here in WA.

I feel you on the lack of trust. I have been trying to talk my MMO friends into playing AoC. The common problem is that they have all been burned before and are very skeptical.

Here's hoping AoC delivers.
  • Options
    I know you've been hurt in the past, but it's okay to love again :)
  • Options
    Welcome Traveler!!! Glad to have ya aboard the Hype Train!!!!

I can understand the lack of trust especially with how MMO's has treated us :( I suggest you take a look <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/skeptical-of-aoc-let-me-share-some-info/" target="_blank">here! </a>

How did you hear about Ashes of Creation?
    What do you hope to see in Ashes of creation?
    Got a question just ask meh ill try my best to answer it!

Info down below! ( Want to dive into the community join the Discord)
  • Options
    I know I'm MMO starved... Just found AOC on MMORPG.com. Excited to learn more.
  • Options
    I had a post but it apparently disappeared......sigh. But suffice to say, I am definitely MMO starved.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/is-everyone-else-as-mmo-starved-as-me/#post-29899">Boredfan_Gerrude wrote:</a></div>I had a post but it apparently disappeared……sigh. But suffice to say, I am definitely MMO starved.

</blockquote>

I've already had that happen too... I see they're updating on 5/30 to (hopefully) fix that.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/is-everyone-else-as-mmo-starved-as-me/#post-29899">Boredfan_Gerrude wrote:</a></div>I had a post but it apparently disappeared……sigh. But suffice to say, I am definitely MMO starved.

</blockquote>

It just ate my reply too... Take 2 just to see the console.
  • Options

</blockquote>

Take 3. I judge their use of wordpress...
  • Options
    I feel you. I have hopes and pitfalls waiting in line for Ashes of Creation. *fingers crossed* Hours to come !
  • Options
    I get the feeling this will be the turning point for me. This one really catches my attention. I've pledged and now await the call. hohohoho #hype
  • Options
    Thanks For backing the Kickstarter @Ravagerx :D glad to have ya with us in this epic journey!
  • Options

Welcome to the Ashes of Creation forums!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM or add me on Discord (Sarumonin#2103) for anything related to Ashes of Creation. 

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ