Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

P2W Multiaccounting?

Hi,
AoC is the MMO I am looking forward (possible up to the next decade, lol).
And I really want to bake it.

I knew they have clarified that they will not add P2W Items.
But well, the emphasis is on "item".

Were there any statements on the storage or weight limit? If you look at BDO these are clearly called "convenience" items.
But yeah,... if you can only grind for ten minutes without any bought items and those with them are able to grind for 90mins, it´s pretty clear that they are not tentative.

Were there any statements about Multiaccounting or locked items?
While I completely hate the inability to freely trade.
I even hate more the Albion Online Way where you just have to make dozens of Accounts and produce on those offline (sic!) Accounts goods to sell.
And even if it´s not possible to produce items offline (I really hope so!) people can just make ten+ Accounts and produce with them needed items.

Comments

• Options
    I not really going to jump in this conversation sorry it just gives me a headache but I will leaves theses other topics about this!

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/how-multi-boxing-will-turn-aoc-into-p2w-theorycraft/" target="_blank">HOW MULTI-BOXING WILL TURN AOC INTO P2W (THEORYCRAFT)</a>

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/whats-your-stance-on-multi-boxing/" target="_blank">WHAT'S YOUR STANCE ON MULTI-BOXING?</a>

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    I not really going to jump in this conversation sorry it just gives me a headache but I will leaves theses other topics about this!

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/how-multi-boxing-will-turn-aoc-into-p2w-theorycraft/" target="_blank">HOW MULTI-BOXING WILL TURN AOC INTO P2W (THEORYCRAFT)</a>

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/whats-your-stance-on-multi-boxing/" target="_blank">WHAT'S YOUR STANCE ON MULTI-BOXING?</a>

Hope this helps :)!
  • Options

<blockquote>https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/how-multi-boxing-will-turn-aoc-into-p2w-theorycraft/</blockquote>

<blockquote>https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/whats-your-stance-on-multi-boxing/</blockquote>

hope this helps :
  • Options
    It is a sub game so you would have to pay for all those accounts and if you are willing to pay for them then you should be able to use them.
  • Options
    Well...

There will be ppl who decide to multibox. We cant stop that. Adding in trade restriction wont stop them either. They will find work around anything.
  • Options
    At some point you have to just drop the P2W argument. That includes trying to limit other paying players to play how they want as long as it is "according to the rules" as allowed by the game. That or just choose not to play that game.
  • Options
    The only way i'd be worried about this is if they end up doing the same thing they do on PvP servers in say WoW. When you've got one person using programs or hardware to clone their keypresses so all characters move, attack, target, etc. all as one unit. Leads to mass chaos and basically only stops when the person gets bored.
  • Options
    I had similar concerns but I don't remember getting them addressed properly. the two counters I suggested are- make it impossible to log in with one account several times and let the game crash if such programs run. well, I'm not a dev, can't help that much
  • Options
    I think I saw them say in a stream that if people want to pay for multiple account subscriptions people can. I dont think they have adressed the having multiple games runing on the same comp issue.

The pay to win asspect of this is constantly debated. In my opinion if one person decides to pay for a small guild worth off accounts to get some perceived advantage through botting repetative tasks while tabbed on your main could be achieved however no matter how non p2w you want to be, countermeasures no mater how servere will always be able to be circumnavigated.

Some deterents such as events popping up during repetative tasks forcing the tasker to make descions works to an extent. Also preventing openworld botting/afking in a pvp enviroment can be acheived with a simple reaction mechanic. Obviously most considerate people are not going to attack someone mining etc however if you think you are seeing a bot i think you should be able to attack that bot without corruption occuring. obviously if you are at the keyboard you can chose to turn and fight obviously not a bot or you can opt to not resist causing the attaker to gain couruption. Now if you had to press a button to acknowloge the attack and your submission something like a surrender responce this triggers the curuption mechanic to kick in. If you are attaking an AFK bot they would not be able to press the surender button and no curuption would be accrued if you did the world a favour by killing it.

Just an idea.
  • Options
    @PJ_Rydecker

I like your dynamic events idea to make scripting difficult for AFK botters.

I don't think it would be possible for the game to detect botters though. Scripts can be pretty sophisticated, we wouldn't want the game to mark actual players as AFK botters by accident.
  • Options
    Living players can just pull mobs to bots and hit report, as it's been almost everywhere.
  • Options
    IMO, the real trouble with botting has always been the game Developers getting to the party very late and doing very piss-poorly about anything when they do get there...

Several times now on Twitch, it has been made clear that Intrepid Studios went into this front-loading security as a priority in the code. That means tools built in for looking at accounts. subroutines that mark and flag odd behavior, etc.. So we can hope that they are going to be prepared to deal with stuff they do not want wrecking their hard work.

Time will tell.
  • Options
    Well.
    It´s just very annoying if they say that there are no p2w items because everyone who pays has to be equal - or whatever, but at the same time they "promote" multiple Accounts or make the game mechanics so that it´s beneficial to have multiple alts over different accounts.
    It´s the same thing just differently done.
    And this is exactly what I see in more and more Games.

I really hope there is at least no way to make completly afk money like that.
    Sure, I liked the BDO way with Workers and fishing, etc. But there everything was locked.

If you can here freely trade then I just make several Crafter Accounts for additional money.
    I have seen in some other Games things like Minigames.
    There you had to play such an thing for 30secs to successfully make an product and this was done so well that even Bots had problems with them.
    But @ Albion online the amount you can make with Multiaccounting is just sick. And the best thing is you don´t even have to pay for the subs, you just pay them from some casuals.

The only "good" thing I see with Multiaccount P2W vs Item P2W is that the normal/casual Players are not hindered, they still have the same amount of Storage/weight/speed whatever and are never annoyed about the lack of them because they dont care or just don´t knew about the P2W Multiaccounting.
    But if you want to be competitive (like me) this is just another P2W Bullshit.
    Same with Cash shop Tokens/Subscription Tokens which can be bought and traded, if there are any hopefully they are no Trade.

And what you have written:
    I also really hope that they take properly care about Botting and Cheating.
    Especially that they don´t "protect" Streamers/whales although they clearly cheated.
  • Options
    Okay... two hours ago I wrote an Post about that and now I can´t find it lol. Gonna keep it short.

They are claiming that there will be no p2w items. Very nice.
    however, today you don´t add p2w items to the shop, no you add the possibility of multiple accounts to win.

While the first one has the huuuuge disadvantage that everyone can see it, the second one doesn´t has this.
    If you have additional storage/weight/Speed in the Cash shop you will annoy Players as they will definitely recognise that they are missing a lot.
    On the other hand if you just have to make multiple accounts then only the informed ones / those who want to be competitive will have "disadvantages".
    But it comes down to the same: One pays more and gets more power ingame - without annoying the casuals.
    So, if you want to play in the Top you will need several Accounts and possibly even additional Hardware.

Ofc, there are also Games which did it rather nice. They just added Minigames to crafting for 30sec which determined the Quality of the product. If they were well done even the bot´s had hard time with those.

And I too really hope that they take care about botters/cheaters properly.
    That also means perma banning streamers and whales and if the Bug is not found fast enough to deactivate some things for some time.