Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node De-Leveling and Power Alliances

So, forgive me if this has been answered already, but i've sifted through this section of the forums and haven't really found an answer. I've also not heard it talked about on the streams either (though i haven't watched the last two yet, so who knows).

My question is, is it possible for the NPC sieges/raids to de-level a node if the players fail to defend against it? Also, will the sieges become progressively harder as time goes by in a max level metropolis? The reason for the second question is that, while the devs have stated they want to design the game so as to avoid having gigantic alliances of guilds, it WILL happen. And usually those guilds/alliances have a LOT of control on what happens, so they could potentially lock nodes in forever if they feel it would benefit them in some way. This would kill the chance at building up other nodes and unlocking that other content for the rest of the server.

Comments

• Options
    The harder you develop the world, the harder it will push back on you. Also, I think Steven mentioned that there would be benefits for belonging to smaller guilds.
  • Options
    I believe there will be a cooldown time after a node has been attacked where it can't be attacked again, allowing for rebuilding.
  • Options
    I think the siege will be broke down into group size limited objectives.
    That makes a lock and key progress system where they can have total control over the 'relevant' numbers involved on either side.
    Having a million people outside the gates wont help if that 4 man group cant unlock the gate.

They have stated that NPC cant delevel a node in discord.
    They can however destroy specific buildings and thus disable services that cripple the node.
    The node may rely on those services.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/node-de-leveling-and-power-alliances/#post-30099">Rune_Relic wrote:</a></div>I think the siege will be broke down into group size limited objectives.
    That makes a lock and key progress system where they can have total control over the ‘relevant’ numbers involved on either side.
    Having a million people outside the gates wont help if that 4 man group cant unlock the gate.

They have stated that NPC cant delevel a node in discord.
    They can however destroy specific buildings and thus disable services that cripple the node.
    The node may rely on those services.

</blockquote>
    That's actually what I was worried about. I hope I'm proven wrong, but when (not if, let's be realistic) the mega alliances take over a server, there's a chance these nodes will just stagnate because no one else has the manpower to destroy the city. Having a great 4 man team to unlock the gate means very little if you don't have anyone waiting outside.