Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Are we looking at Classes wrong?

So let me get started by saying that some classes will be better than others.
But what about the combos we don't expect?
You'll notice on the kickstarter page in the archetype section it says clerics can sense injury, so let's say you go a Rogue Cleric would you be able to find wounded enemies while they were stealthied or at a distance?
Just wanted to start a discussion thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    One class being better than another is going to be a purely subjective opinion. The devs have stated that they plan to make all classes viable, and balanced. With that being said, all classes will have their respective role. Alongside that, racial modifiers will play a role, but all races can be all classes, and be able to contribute. While a dwarf may be a more naturally gifted fighter, over an elf, an elf would still make a very capable fighter. Etc. etc. etc.... That said, I'm sure there are people who will meta.

As for what abilities each class will have, and how they will interact with secondary class abilities, combos, or what have you, I honestly don't know. We've been given little information, outside a few limited examples. It's pre alpha, so I'm sure the devs are still working to figure it all out, themselves. I'm sure more information will come later, as always.
  • Options
    to early to really think about what classes will be OP or not.

But i really believe Intrepied tries to make all classes unique and exceed in different areas. so yeah, maybe rogue+clerics are the best at finding other stealthed characters that are injured. But other class combos may have other unique benefits to play them. Like only Clerics will have heal skills, most likely
  • Options
    Actually, each archetype will have a variety of roles - largely manifested by the secondary archetypes as well as by race.

The KS page says that clerics can sense the broken and the corrupted.
    I'm not sure that "broken" means wounded, but theoretically, for a rogue/cleric... the "sense broken" ability could augment a primary skill of the rogue. How great a distance that might be is unknown at this time.

The concept I'm hoping to see realized is a mage/tank hitting someone with a fireball that also activates Taunt.