Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes and LitRPG

Ashes is the closest game in recent history that feels like it's making LitRPG concepts a reality, without all the VR. Going back to classic MMORPG systems in an age where the tech can hold up to the free and open ideas.

Comments

• Options
    This will be my first Base community MMO which I always dreamed of!! I'm 21 and the main MMO I've played was WOW it wasn't really all community it was really solo base then it was a group effort!! and the group base that it did have Died out when they introduce the "LFG" ( Looking for Group ) feature it honestly broke the communication in groups and just hey lets do this and if your bad im just going to vote to kick you and get another tank etc.....
  • Options
    The
    aint no one got time for that
    meme, pretty much sums up the desire for LFG tools.

Many people just want to get in, wreck community face after a bad day at work, then leave again.
    It has more to do with a trip to macdonalds than community endeavour.
    AND to be fair, any modern them park MMO has nothing to do with community endeavour any way.
    Just teaming up in small groups to wreck face.

Many Multiplayer Openworld Role playing game would be more accurate than
    Massively Multiplayer Openworld Role playing game
    I would in fact like to coin a new term.
    Community Openworld Role playing game to emphasize the difference
  • Options
    @Rune_Relic No kidding!!!

I agree the new term would help alot! instead of MMO "Massively Multiplayer Open world" because 9/10 its solo then it is community! So 100% on new Term!
  • Options
    I like it!
  • Options
    lol I like the term too! Rune_Relic may be on to something there! Perhaps the start of a new trend, to go with AoC's rebirth of community oriented online rpg games.

MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) game: Currently styled towards solo play, with the exception of dungeons, raids, world bosses, or PvP. (if player is high enough level, dungeons, raids, and world bosses can be soloed)

MCO (Massive Community Online) game: A game styled towards player interactions (micro and macro), between each other and the world, that can be seen in how it effects the world around them in dynamic ways.
  • Options
    MCO vs MMO sounds better.
    Yeah...like that.
    :D
  • Options
    MCO FTW!!!! lol
  • Options
    Massive Multi Community Online Open World Not Necessarily Role Playing Game
    MMCOOWNNRPG

I love it! :D