Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighting Animation

Now i know that these Characters supposedly have no Combat Practice ... but can you consider adding some Combat-Choreography in the Works ? When I look at the KickStarter's Fighter-&-Tank Sword Combat ... its slightly cringy.

Even if its a little bit, such as Sword-Clashing, or Mage's Clash to Block a Striking-Blow from a fighter, or dodging animation once triggered.

The Main reason why I mentioned this is becasue ... this MMO plans to allow ALL Classes to be any & every role (DPS, Heals or Tank )- depending on what the player chooses.

... or at least thats what i heard ... please correct me if I am wrong.

Comments

• Options
    i don't know of a statement of all classes being able to do any role.

With a Class called TANK you can imagine, well, they are the tanks. And Clerics are the healers.

there was also a question in one of the livestreams if they will be able to tank as Mage base class with Tank as subclass, the answers was: not really. There might be places where a Mage/Tank might tank a little bit but they won't be effective tanks at all.

But that that combat animation need polish, sure. but remember we are still far away from even alpha
  • Options
    Howdy!! @Enrif pretty much nailed it! If you wanna tank you gotta be Tank/something else pretty much!
    same goes for healer ( Cleric )

Animations its still in Pre-alpha I believe they will definitely still work on the animation part as time progresses you gotta realize that they are making a WORLD that changes! that a lot of back end work probably being done especially with climate and nodes changes!!

So I pretty sure they are trying to set up a ground to stand on then work on polishing the animation for classes!!!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I'd hoped. Well I'd hoped that they did. a Well-Rounded Skills would most most desired imo
  • Options
    +3
    The classes are targeted for roles.
    You just get to choose alternative flavours for each role.
    I wish it was a fully variable system, but it is not.
    Not unless they add a specified hybrid class.