Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Global Auction House

[The stock exchange] is a very in-depth system that relates to how Nodes, Player Guilds and Social Organizations perform in ***the world***. This will allow players to invest those communities through the form of a stock exchange that will measure certain metrics to determine success or failure around ***the world***. If a guild fails in a raid, ***shareholders*** in that guild may see a drop in it’s value. Or if a node advances in activities and trade routes leading to it, the ***shareholders*** may see a spike in their dividends. Social organizations such as the Thieves Guild may see community quest points achieved throughout ***the world*** and different chapters being built in nodes across the realm, resulting in a higher valuation.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/posts/1884097

Sounds like a global economic system to me.
Why would this be any better than a global auction house with shares instead of materials ?
How will globally accessable share value not undermine local economies ?

I can see the merit of making global metrics available as they inform rather than effect.
But shares have direct impact and are globally controlled.

The whole point of an global auction house is that you can find all goods in one place.
Any local economic isolation is rendered moot.

1. Should global metrics (rather than local metrics) even exist. They make sense for dev use to follow global events (need to know), but not for isolating local economies (global players dont need to know instantly).

2. Whats the difference between a guild having members in every node, with *instant* live access to global info, buying what they want when they want, and a global auction house ? Sure you need more than one person but what's the difference ?

3. How will a share system not impact the welfare of local trade and replace 'local endeavour' with 'global speculation' and intended or unintended economic damage ? Everyone has very bitter and very recent real world experience with this on global economics with banking greed.

4. Surely someones in-game business success must be based on community endeavour and not speculation ? I would be really pissed to see a well run community business sunk due to political/economic intrigue. Surely crafters would think....Why bother with all the effort if my success is ultimately out of my control ? Surely it is their business.

Comments

• Options
    I dont like the idea of tha Stock market as it stands either, better would be a system that prevents everyone to gather in the same city all day by implementing currencys for each node (a player would only use the currency of the node hes a citizen of and exchange would work automaticaly) and the more of a currency exists the less its worth compared to other currencys.
  • Options
    Auction House or the local markets here sell the stuff you need every day. Potions, Food, Crafting Stuff, Armor,etc
    basically your Wal-Markt

The Stock-Market deals only with money
    basically your Wallstreet

Your every day hero won't go to the Wallstreet to buy a bunch of Tomatoes, right?
  • Options
    In my opinion a stock market is a horrible thing, which gives the ones who focus on it huge amount of money and just buy everything other ppl have been working for.

It doesnt even provide any value to the ones who dont focus on it.
  • Options
    The stock market is a way for businesses to raise capital. As a smithy, will I be able to have an IPO and through my skill and craft be able to convince other players that my business is worth investing? If that is not the way it will work, then what entity will benefit from players buying shares? How would that entity be able to use the capital raised through the sale of shares to players? Will there be limits on what they can do? Do shareholders get to have a say in how that capital is used?
  • Options
    NO for global AH the game set to be nodes not wow
    a global AH would make 1 city more important than rest .then the make of the game would be wrecked like it is in wow