Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Jousting as a Mini game :D

As the Topic states Jousting!! What can be more medieval then that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5tsGQ9KLQ

Jousting is a martial game or hastilude between two horsemen wielding weapons of joust with blunted tips, often as part of a tournament.

The Jousting Lance was made of wood, usually ash, with a metal tip made of iron or steel similar to a spear head. Knights would paint their Jousting Lance to match the colors of their livery or coats of arms. The weapon measured from 9 to 14 feet in length.

Why was jousting important in the Middle Ages?
A joust is defined as a fight between mounted knights wearing armor and using lances. Jousting was a favorite form of entertainment during the Middle Ages.

So there some backgrounds about Jousting ^ so my Idea would be like a mini game sorta deal!

you talk to some NPC or whatever and it challenges you with another player you go to a horse on either side!

H1= Horse 1 | H2= Horse 2

H1
---------------------------------------------------------------------
.......................................................................H2

(ignore the dots need to move H2 over to other side)

once both player's are on their horse a timer will go down! like 3.2.1 and the horse will automatically run! so you don't have to do anything

as your horse start to run towards each other their will be a Bar type slider

| ----
|
|
|----- M ( crit spot Example )
|
|
|
|

at the very top where it shows "----" that bar will move down once it hits the bottom it will then move up! and repeat

........................ H1
--------------------------------------------------------------
................................ H2

Right about here you would hit the "Space-bar" and your character would lunge your Jousting lance at each other shoulder!
If you hit the Crit spot as the graph I showed above the more damage it will do to your opponent!! and the crit spot can be random dose not have to be in the middle

Once your hit another bar will show up! depending how hard they hit ( if they hit the crit spot the more difficult it will be )
This bar will be your kinda Stress bar to stay on the horse and not fall, because if you fall off you will award your opponent more points!

Example ( note the Crit "|" can be randomly moved depending on how hard your opponent hit you )

------------------------------|------------

That "|" bar is the Bar you need to pass in order to stay on your horse!!! if you don't pass this well you fall off Awarding your opponent points

I thought of 2 ways it can play out! ( your opinion tell me what you like better! )

Option 1:

buttons will flash on your screen where you got Press "A" then "D" then "K" ( random keys ) real quick and each one you hit correctly the Meter goes up! give you a better chance to stay on the horse!!

Option 2 :

you press the Space-bar Rapidly ( rip keyboard lol ) trying to stay on while the meter trys to push you down the faster you hit the space bar the faster the meter will go up!

Tell me what you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    I Approve and Disapprove all at the same time. Approve because yeah! Disapprove because you're giving more stuff to do, I'm trying to have a life at some point XD
  • Options
    @Zenpai psh AOC is life xD
  • Options
    I think they already ruled out horse based combat.
    Love the idea though.
  • Options
    Awesome idea,
    option 1 is definitely the way to go as it sounds fun and option 2 is easily exploitable by macros.
  • Options
    Omg this has to happen *_* Even as a mini game or something *_* Instead of horse races let's have jousting! :0 Build an arena and we can get spectators ^^ Make a real show out of it xD ahaha love it love it xD
  • Options
    wows jousting was super fun daily
    having a seasonal event with jousting would be very fun to watch and to do
    +1 for jousting

have the event move from city to city on a monthly event would bring people to the other citys and it would help with diplomacy
  • Options
    It would be cool to add this to a Military Metrapolis node because of its focus on combat. Option 1 is better imo.