Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How is the leveling system being implemented?

How is the leveling system in this game? The game looks really good, and you mentioned you can do stuff like gathering. Will this be a WoW type of leveling system, or something like Runescape where you have a level system in everything you do, and the more you do said level the more higher the tier of stuff for the level you can do?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not confident to answer this fully but I'm sure someone will respond with a better answer.
    If I remember rightly levelling artisan traits will be separate from character levelling.
    I think character levelling will come from exploring and doing activities that will contribute to node levelling or changing the environment around you. There are world bosses, dungeons and instances, node threats, caravan and guild activities which you can actively take part in that will help gain character experience.

Someone will have a better answer but I'm certain character levelling and artisan levelling will be separate.
  • Options
    Both?
    I would say that Artisan progression is separate from Adventurer progression, but both contribute to character leveling.
    Also, Religion progression and Social progression.

All of that contributes to node progression as well.
  • Options
    Yes. They have said there are multiple levelling streams rather than just the typical one.
    Exploration and artisan are two that have been mentioned.
  • Options
    Well, the devs have said we gain xp from exploration, but, AFAIK they have not said exploration has its own progression path.

So far, I heard of 4 progression paths: Artisan, Adventurer, Religion, Social. Possibly naval...but even there, I'm not sure that's a separate path.
    The 4 progression paths have sub-classes and professions with their own skill trees.

Exploration is just an activity that provides xp. There are no sub-classes with their own skill trees that I'm aware of.
  • Options
    Im hope'n it has a bit more of a RS inspiration, but as of now, I couldn't find much of anything. Though, this gives me more to think about. lol
  • Options
    Hmm, I was fairly certain that adventuring xp and artisan xp were totaly seperate and your adventuing level represented character level. However I could have totaly miss interpreted how it was described. I would be very disapointed if the Archeage system that combines artisan xp and adventuring xp for level gain was used. I literally levelled my alts to max without drawing a sword in a week give or take, by buying logs and and making timber and selling it I had every adventuring skill i needed without leaving the crafting hub. sence of acheivment level 0 Immersion level 0. how could i have mastered the art of magic by sawing wood? I hope I didn't just interprete the discussion as I wanted to hear it.