Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ranked arena PVP Questions and Speculation

Hello all! First forum post :D
Instanced cross server arena pvp has been confirmed and that leaves me with a few questions:

Have rated or ranked arenas been confirmed?
I haven't been able to find this answered anywhere and it's something very important to me. These days video games are becoming sport and as soon as this game drops lots of players (like me) are going to go crazy compiling spreadsheets, comparing classes, min/maxing, and eventually forming a meta for the most efficient form of play. The only thing that drives people like me to compete is the idea that your skill level can be represented by a number or tier (bronze silver gold etc..) and then your skill becomes undisputed.

Should there be separate matchmaking for casual vs competitive arenas?
It'd make more sense for there to be separate matchmaking for the casual player, but for the sake of queue health I could understand arenas being inherently competitive. (Meaning casual players jumping into arenas would have to either hang out in bronze or get gud)

Will there be some sort of leaderboard available in-game?
I mean a list of every rated player or team from the top down. I realize a lot of games have their leaderboards visible on their game's associated website, but some have access to this in client and I was thinking it'd be cool to have a sign or scroll or even NPC in every town or tavern, that when interacted with displays the top teams either regionally or internationally. Again this is assuming there will be any ranking system involved.

I realize this game is still early in development nobody can say for sure, but I'd like to hear peoples thoughts and speculation about the competitive pvpers niche in Ashes