Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Console Controllers

The idea of the game is amazing and I would love to play, however I've been a console player and never truly liked the way keyboard gaming feels. Will AoC allow for players to use a controller (Xbox/PlayStation) or require a keypad?

Comments

• Options
    So your asking if you could plug a controller into your computer and use it to play the game? instead of mouse and keyboard
    Correct?

if so MAYBE??? I mean you can always go into the game setting and changes up the keybinds to like buttons for your controller will it be supported though I don't think so.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Most of the group that I play with doesn't like mouse and keyboard. But as long as the game can function smoothly with a controller I'm stoked! Also thanks for the additional links and help!
  • Options
    Glad to be assistance!! if you want an actual statement from the DEV I suggest you take a look at this post

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-30-2017/" target="_blank">HERE </a>

and hopefully they will answer your question on Tuesday at 3pm PDT time on live stream
  • Options
    According to the devs, console support will not be a priority whether if the process is easy or not because there's no benefit in using console controllers into a MMORPG. But there's still a chance for a console support after all, there are now Keyboard peripherals for Xbox
  • Options
    @Kencha77 I'm pretty sure they were talking about if the game will come to consoles they never stated far as my knowledge goes you can't use a controller on the PC to play AOC
  • Options
    If I remember they said that they would "like" to have controller settings. As a console player I would love to use a controller. Mouse and key board just hurts my hands after a good use, and a controller feels good in my hands. Mostly cause I use to it.
    They have said that this game is pc first. Which it should be! Maybe a year or two after release it might be able to come to console. The Scorpio has the best chance at that when that comes out.