Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Leveling

Hello all,

I've watched all the Q&A streams so far and I've heard this briefly touched on, but I still can't wrap my head around the leveling system.

How much do we need to travel in order to reach max level?
Assuming we want to focus on helping one node, what's the motivation to travel outside of its ZOI while leveling?
What percent of the player exp will come from killing monsters versus doing quests or crafting?

Comments

• Options
    This is an interesting question because Ive often times thought about it as well. If one Node is in the lower lvl area and thats were the majority of new players would spawn would that always be one of the top Nodes because it is a spawning area? But I guess the crafting system would spread the rest out. Depending on where you have to go for what. I don't think it will be completely combat experience driven. Considering after you leave the low level area people probably fan out. but how many nodes are left to become a metropolis? If different races start off in different places wouldn't their beginner areas nodes also become metropolises.
  • Options
    Hey there,

1. I don't understand the question - do you mean what is max level?
    2. Exploration / Quests might take you outside of the nodes ZOI / not everything will be available in a nodes ZOI, you will need to travel for diff. resources etc. / i believe caravans will also travel outside of a nodes ZOI if you want to join or attack one.
    3. That depends on how many monsters you kill / quests you do / how much you craft.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Howdy!!!!!

They said max lvl will be around 50ish! ( not set in stone! ) Party's will be able to have about 6-8 people ( not set in stone) raids will be around 40ish!

Like @Mr.C said There will be resources you can only find at certain areas! so exploring will be necessary if you want to progress

- whats to stop you to go out their grab the resources and go back to your node?

You can.... But your inventory on your person can only carry so much of stuff thats where the caravan comes in to transport a large amount goods!

And if that dose play out soon or later War will progress and who ever looses has to go find a new home!! We can't always live in peace History has shown us that!

also what if you don't like how things are Run by your government! he can be a total ass and put a large amount on taxes or be a complete Dictatorship!!

Also what if they pick a node you don't like either. Theirs different type of nodes

Scientific Node, Military Node, Divine Node, Economic Node!! Hope this help for further info I suggest youtube videos from DeathsProxy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDM1140eoOM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kMPJV9JMNI
  • Options
    I thought it was much more simple all leveling is for early gaming nodes at lvl 1 are the same as lvl 6 the only difference being how much you have helped the node level will give you access to better and better quest giving you more EXP but at the same time if a world event happens everyone can join in and get huge EXP depending on what point they jump in same with the caravans. Crafting can give EXP but I dont think its going to be the main cause unless you focus on it and get your proficiency up then you have to worry more about how the nodes interact with each other and what to market is doing.

Example

If you are low level but your proficiency is high you need to move to a high level node to access crafting quest that give you enough EXP to improve.

If your level is High but your proficiency is low you just have to keep grinding dungeons or PvE while you work at your crafting skill on the side.

You could also just pick a node at lvl 1 and settle in leveling it you and your crafting skill all at the same time but that would take some luck and overlapping fields like if your a summoner and a cook you would be out hunting for meat and herbs while you do quest.
  • Options
    based on what steven told us, as in, a skilled player can match a highly geared max level but unskilled player. So I'd say you can just sit back and enjoy the game, rather than worrying about levels(unless you are competitive) also I'd like leveling to be slow, so it actually feels like something.
  • Options
    Will there be any epic spells for mages that you will be able to obtain through questing? Or will they all be given as the character progresses through their levels?
  • Options
    @Tetross The game is still in Pre-Alpha so its still being develop and not alot of information has been revealed regarding classes spells etc.....

My opinion!

Maybe?!?!
    You can probably expect rewards to change your spells looks so example a "Fire-bolt" you can possibility receive a skin that changes that spell into a "Green Fire-Bolt"

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    There hasn't been any news about Leveling skill trees vs skill hunting so far, best guess is that you will only be able to gain skills as you level but you can choose from a skill tree.
    The reason is 2 fold 1 they have made a big show about not being play to win and if you could gain skills from quest you would pay to find the best quest to gain skills and that doesn't make scene, also the game is not quest or scenario based its all about the nodes.
    Second reason they have said race can alter your play style and you can augment your skills with your second class and this makes you think that you are building a character of your choosing and not one that others can just copy and get the same result.