Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About the PC Gamer article, OR: let's talk about media criticism

Greetings, fellow wanderers.

I've lately stumbled upon<a href="http://www.pcgamer.com/ashes-of-creation-kickstarter/" target="_blank">this not-so-flattering PC GAMES article</a>, and I was kinda surprised of not having found a single thread of this forum regarding it (please, tell me if I'm wrong).
The articles contains a number of subtle insinuation about the Intrepid team skills, the referral program legitimacy, and the overall trustworthiness of the whole project. There are no open accusations and no true flaws exposure; still, it's quite a reading, and I encourage everyone to go through it at least once.

I'd like to clarify that I was not particularly moved by those words. There's nothing there, in my opinion, truly able to cause distress of my opinion of the game, or to make me lose trust in the developers. I honestly think that the project is solid, sincere and that may represent a significant revolution in the genre. Still, Ashes of Creation is still mostly an embryo, and there is still a long road before its realization. If this community desires to help, I think that problems like this one should be deeply discussed, or at least exposed in order to be extensively commented by the developers themselves.

The option to just ignore article like this, in my opinion, is not feasible. I've experienced other promising Kickstarter-driven projects being wrecked by media claims, started small but amplified without control because ignored for too long. It has been discussed somewhere in the forum already? I couldn't find any topic regarding this.

The article, of course, is not the only assumed topic held against AOC. For instance, I've found big criticism about the <a href="http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/464328/unreal-engine-is-a-massive-concern-for-me-and-i-think-many-are-overlooking-it" target="_blank">Unreal Engine 4</a>, depict as not able to manage a large number of players in a single area.

Please believe me, when I say that I don't want to magnify false problems, but to deal with them before they get a resonance they don't deserve. I'd just really like to hear your opinions about all the matter.
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to contribute.