Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha and Release time schedule: Misinformation?

"Current estimated time for the various alpha tests are. Friends and Family Q4 2017 | Invite Only TBA | Phase 1 Alpha December 2018 | Phase 2 Alpha (persistent) TBA."

This is from Shunex, a Community Moderator. This piece of information, which is very important, clashes with other claims made by Intrepid. In a video Steven hints to a full release of the game in 1.5/2 years. All Kickstarter rewards, including those without an Alpha/Beta key read: Estimated delivery - Dec 2018.

Now, I personally know a few peeps who are considering backing down on their Kickstarter pledge because of this lack of clarity. Could somebody from Intrepid clarify the time schedule as soon as possible please? To some potential players and Kickstarter backers, this is a vital piece of information.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. Keep up the awesome work you are doing.

Comments

• Options
    As I read it on KS estimated delivery of December 2018 is for the earliest access to the KS rewards which is Invite to Alpha - Phase 1 (earliest access to Ashes). And from numerous Dev Q&As final release is before 2020 with the goal of Dec 2019 or possibly earlier if things go well in Alpa and Beta. With the game still in development phase and staff still being hired as needed I would not expect much earlier than that. The closed Alpha is Friends and Family which includes Aplha key giveaways if I have read that right.

Maddstone
  • Options
    this is ks for a game that has seasons and a dev team that has done 15 months of work to get to this point . having the alpha next year is great we seen what they have done already just think what a year or 2 will look like :) + who would want to back out of all the KS bonus items
  • Options
    Yep, the KS rewards are supposed to be available when Phase 1 Alpha starts.
    You have a link to the video where Steven states full release in 1.5/2 years?

Highly unlikely to have full release berfor 2020.
    And, you know, release dates slip. That's the nature of software development.
    Release dates are always tentative dates rather than fixed dates.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/alpha-and-release-time-schedule-misinformation/#post-30967">Dygz wrote:</a></div>Yep, the KS rewards are supposed to be available when Phase 1 Alpha starts.
    You have a link to the video where Steven states full release in 1.5/2 years?

Highly unlikely to have full release berfor 2020.
    And, you know, release dates slip. That’s the nature of software development.
    Release dates are always tentative dates rather than fixed dates.

</blockquote>

Sorry, I cannot remember which video it was, but probably one of the twitch KS ones. I think it's the one where they are showing the rogue going around the city, but do not take my word for it.

Personally I am not concerned about release dates. I understand this kind of project takes time. I am more worried about Alpha access. Due to my personal situation in real life, having to wait about 18 months to get into testing is a little too long for the kind of investment I wanted to do. I am still pledging, but I decided to switch to a more basic option. If I am still around when the game launches, I will definitely play it. For the moment I am more than happy with following the development process, spreading the word about the game and with donating a small token as a contribution to the project.
  • Options
    Sorry Dygz, I cannot remember which video it was, but probably one of the twitch KS ones. I think it's the one where they are showing the rogue going around the city, but do not take my word for it.

Personally I am not concerned about release dates. I understand this kind of project takes time. I am more worried about Alpha access. Due to my personal situation in real life, having to wait about 18 months to get into testing is a little too long for the kind of investment I wanted to do. I am still pledging, but I decided to switch to a more basic option. If I am still around when the game launches, I will definitely play it. For the moment I am more than happy with following the development process, spreading the word about the game and with donating a small token as a contribution to the project.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/alpha-and-release-time-schedule-misinformation/#post-31173">Archangelus wrote:</a></div>Sorry Dygz, I cannot remember which video it was, but probably one of the twitch KS ones. I think it’s the one where they are showing the rogue going around the city, but do not take my word for it.

</blockquote>

I share your sentiment, this is why i pledged 25$. The backer rewards are just too good to pass up, keep in mind 1 month is 15$ so for 10$ extra i get to get all the backer rewards and chip in a little bit of money for a game i want to see made. I actually believe Shariff when he says the game will be out before 2020....I can totally see a October/November 2019 release.