Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Vendors

In many games the vendor is a source of low level items/content/repairs I hope to see and my idea is to incorporate all vendors to sell Items usable up to level cap. So a source of slightly worse potions then the ones you can create etc and not just food that is of your current level as in WOW. Anyone care to post what they would like to see the traditional vendor change to?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I agree I would like to see vendor's sell all sorts of stuff to mats leather, Mining Ore, Fish to Weapons Pole-arms, 2h/1h Swords,Shields, 2h/1h Maces and so on and that goes with armor as well.

World of warcraft Vendors only sold basic grey armor stuff If you want the world to feel alive then make the vendors feel alive!
    have items that vendors sell that might not be their the next week!
  • Options
    Well, I thought that we were going to end up being the main source of marleting in the game, so I dont really feel like there is too much of a need to concer myself with npc vendors.
    Though I havent really seen npc vendors as being an issue before, I would like something similar to what <strong>JcTruper</strong> has in mind, but with some minor tweaks to rarity lvl restrictions and so on.
  • Options
    ^ I think we are more likely to be supplying the vendors, than the vendors supplying us.
    So I cant conceive of it as problematic at the moment.
  • Options
    Thats actually really cool IMO if thats the plan. Kind of a throwback to RS where when you sold your "junk" to an NPC anyone could walk up and see the stuff you vendored and buy it for themselves. A cheaper alternative to the standard auction house.
  • Options
    Yes I think only the most basic of suplies will be available from npc vendors. The bulk of what you need will be supplied by player vendors. Obviously when the game first starts there will need to be basics supplied by the game.

In the most part everything from untreated ore to the most awesome weapons in game will be obtained from players.
  • Options
    I recently was part of a gaming community that had very few NPC vendors and those only supplied certain items or bought certain items related to their profession. It did work very well once you got used to it. Gamers had to depend on each other for the most part.
    It can work and builds community.

Just a thought:
    One thing of interest were Work Order Boards. Players could post items they were looking for and give a price they were willing to pay for stacks of items. Seems to me something like that in towns or villages for those town folks or per nodes, would be interesting.

CylverRayne
  • Options
    Yea, I'd prefer it being that we were the main source of these things. A vendor selling basic things is all that is needed. Although, rare vendors that only appeared once in a blue moon with maybe a rare item or two would be cool depending on what it is.
  • Options
    Vicious said:
    Yea, I'd prefer it being that we were the main source of these things. A vendor selling basic things is all that is needed. Although, rare vendors that only appeared once in a blue moon with maybe a rare item or two would be cool depending on what it is.
    Agreed, I dont know if anyone remembers the old days in wow but some vendors only sold certain goods at a time it was exciting to see them appear once in awhile
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'd like to see vendors actual sell real in game items, they've bought from the players, EQ had this system.  You could make decent coin, by working out the vendors that people went to after leaving a certain zone.  So say you needed "snake legs", you hang around the vendor nearest the zone that had "snake legs" hoping for players who didn't realise or care about the importance of the item just vendor trash it.

I'd also like the vendors to be dynamic, so if they have an abundance of certain items, the price they sell at and the price they buy at drops.  This in turn would make players travel further to sell their items.

I'd also like them to buy your items at a decent rate (dependant on market conditions)  to many mmo's just have a set "buy price" regardless of the item. For instance if I have a "+5 Sword of Stunning" that sells in the auction house for 100gold I'd like the vendor to offer at least 60-70% of it's true market value.
  • Options

Just a thought:
    One thing of interest were Work Order Boards. Players could post items they were looking for and give a price they were willing to pay for stacks of items. Seems to me something like that in towns or villages for those town folks or per nodes, would be interesting.

Is that what Albion will have ? Its great idea. 

• Options
    I recently was part of a gaming community that had very few NPC vendors and those only supplied certain items or bought certain items related to their profession. It did work very well once you got used to it. Gamers had to depend on each other for the most part.
    It can work and builds community.

What game was that, if I might ask?
  • Options
    Yes I think only the most basic of suplies will be available from npc vendors. The bulk of what you need will be supplied by player vendors. Obviously when the game first starts there will need to be basics supplied by the game.

Yeah, exactly.  They shouldn't be the best possible, but should be a really good baseline of goods that will help if you can't find a player shop to buy from