Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The seasons

How long do you feel each season should last ?
In my opinion i feel that each season should be longer than 1 week and should show the transition between them.
How do you all feel ?

Comments

• Options
    1 month
  • Options
    two and half weeks
  • Options
    Tough question - one month would be cool then each year for us we have 3 cycles. As long as December lands on winter season :3
  • Options
    <blockquote>How long do you feel each season should last ?
    In my opinion i feel that each season should be longer than 1 week and should show the transition between them.
    How do you all feel ?

</blockquote>

thats how i feel too

also there is a thread were it was discussed already
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/seaons-should-take-more-than-a-week-one-month-a-whole-year-in-game/
  • Options
    I kinda like the idea of around 4 years worth of seasons for every 1 year in reality.
    So about 4 seasons (Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter) over a 3 month span.

I think this would be enough time per season to make the seasons have some weight and meaning, but cycles enough so that people don't get bored of any given individual season.

Also, I don't know if any of you have thought of this or not, but the pacing of the seasons might be tied into Node progression quite a bit.... Nodes can only advance so quickly - partially due to the actions of the players - but also perhaps tied to a concept of a "world clock" in which seasons themselves are key to feeling the passage of world time.

The advancement of a Village to a Metropolis certainly would take longer than 1 or 2 seasons... but rather several seasonal years, I would assume.
  • Options
    maybe 1 month each season that way are gardens can grow food needed to craft , some of us like winter month s but having seasons going to fast would spoil game play
  • Options
    They have said they want in game holiday seasons to fall on out-game holiday seasons.
    So from my view that means seasons have to be whole fractions of existing seasons.
    You would have more cycles in-game, but they would align none the less.

So if 4 seasons are critical, youd have to use mutiples of 4 as the fraction of the year.