Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will riding be faster than walking?

I don't have $50 to get the white runic horse. Will it be faster than walking? If it's faster maybe I can borrow the money but if it's the same speed I may as well just walk for $25. Oh, if you say, 'just walk and buy a horse in the game later on" the reason I want to ride is for trade. A fast horse will make trading from town to town easier.

Comments

• Options
    The white runic steed is an appearance that you can place on any mount you've already acquired in the game.
    So, once you get a mount that is faster than walking in-game, you would be able to change its appearance to the white runic horse.
    And then when you get a horse that's even faster, you can swap the runic steed appearance over to the new horse.

The devs are thinking we should be able to acquire horses fairly soon after logging into the game - possibly even at level 1.

If you just want a horse so you can travel faster than a player can run, just pay $25.
  • Options
    I get the question, but wow I lost brain cells reading the title of this thread...... riding a horse faster than walk???
    However, Dygz got the answer for you. Most of the items in pledges are skins/cosmetics that don't actually give you stats but just alter your appearance.
  • Options
    Ahh, thanks. :)
  • Options
    I heard Peter say maybe by level 5.
  • Options
    Between 1 and 5.
    Quickly because animal husbandry is so important and they want mounts to be ubiquitous.
    We aren't coming through the gateway as babies - Steven said.
    And Peter agreed that Level 1 would especially be possible for those starting the game months after towns have sprung up.
    Really depends on how focused people are on acquiring mounts when the game first launches.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    And Peter agreed that Level 1 would especially be possible for those starting the game months after towns have sprung up.
    So does that mean we will catch the animals then breed them and sell them to the months later folks?
  • Options
    Yep. Basically that Animal Husbandry will be thriving then.
    Catching animals for mounts won't be as necessary.
    Level 1 mounts will be easy to acquire - newly bred ones as well as retired ones.
  • Options
    I'm planning on doing a lot of breeding, and hope they have something useful in mind for Old mounts you can't seem to sell or results from bad breeding (if that's a thing).  I hate in BDO how you spend weeks leveling horses, get a terrible foal and there is nothing profitable to do with it.
  • Options
    I just can't wait to see what the group mounts will be like
  • Options
    I want to ride the elephant.  :) 
    Well, I joined at the $25 level. At least I'll get the sea creature mount. 
  • Options

Riding better be faster than walking, or what's the point if it's not.

• Options
    When you think about it, it's a very interesting question. Our first mount could be a mule that is at walkingspeed or just slightly over it to help carry some cargo. <Is reminded of BDO> :P
  • Options
    As someone who is really interested in the breeding aspect of the game, I certainly hope there will be benefits to having a mount over walking. I am also very interested in what other bonuses will come with breeding mounts.
  • Options
    Mount appearance will be solely cosmetic. You do not have to pay cash for a mount. They have been very clear that the game will not be pay to win. Stats of mounts will come out of the animal husbandry system. So while you may be a welfare gamer that can't afford to skin your unicorn with glitter and sparkle farts coming out its behind, you will not be at any stat/speed disadvantage versus someone who paid more or bought a skin off of the store.
  • Options
    Nelirya said:
    As someone who is really interested in the breeding aspect of the game, I certainly hope there will be benefits to having a mount over walking. I am also very interested in what other bonuses will come with breeding mounts.
    Totally agree hope we get some amazing benefits while breeding :smiley: