Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Neutral areas

Will there be areas of neutrality? I mean between nodes where no influence exists from metropolis's and influence can never reach those areas even between 2 metropolis's ? Those areas do not include quests, just exploration and leveling from neutral mobs and can serve as a staging area for a guild to group up and march into war in the next zone? I don't know if this question has been already answered so cut me some slack if so, but if it's not confirmed I would like to have it.

Those neutral areas should be very small compare to the zones that inhabit the nodes, those neutral areas can also serve as a cover for corrupted players but not immunity from bounty hunters. Also, you can level up without contributing to an enemy node where you have more independence . I think this idea will work if those neutral areas are small and rare compare to the node areas , and the node areas will always be more populated since most people will have incentives from guild masters for citizenship and to contribute and quest and do dungeons from those areas.

Comments

• Those area's are probbaly deadzones in the game. Low pop zones. Cause if there is low activity there is almost no progress in the node system there. But i doubht there wil be neutrall zones.
  • There is no place where you can do something that does not contribute to a nearby node.
    If you are the first person to discover the node, it's basically neutral, I suppose.
    "Neutral nodes" would not provide cover for corrupted. Corrupted are corrupted and will remain so until the work off their corruption score. And people with the skills to find them will be able to find them. Nodes have nothing to do with that.

There can only be 5 Metropolises on a server, but there can be many villages and towns and probably cities.
    If you start doing stuff near a node it will be influenced. And the influence will grow the more activity happens near the node - even if the influence is destroying the node (village/town).
  • I guess the starting areas will be considered Nuetral zones as I expect, although this is purly speculation on my part, that the starting zones will not be encroched on by the ZOIs of the surrounding nodes.

Like Fleelix said there might be areas where people have given up trying to build up nodes as there is no resourses etc there and are to small to compete with the well built up nodes that suround it. However I doubt there will be any SAFE/Neutral zones. The devs have been fairly specific about this.
  • Ok, but if you discover the node and it's neutral? How big will the area of influence be? And can you step outside of the influence and still level up? I would assume that the area of influence grows over time as long as your within it and working on it. But will we be forced to participate in an influence zone to level up if we explore outside of the zone and restricted to do anything cause there will be no mobs/quests and no gathering materials? So we would literally be sight seeing and nothing more. By the way, I would like people's opinions on those dead zones if they exist, would it be a good idea to at least include maybe low level mobs and basic gathering mats? OH and by neutral areas, I don't mean "SAFE" zones, still open world with PVP potential and flag system.
  • "Neutral" isn't really a valid word to use.
    It's more like a "virgin" node.

Everything we do will be influencing a node. That proximity is very wide. There should be no dead zones in that sense.
    But... the changes that the node makes to the world will grow outwards from the node.

Everything you do gives you xp and also gives a node xp.
    If you explore outside of the proximity of one node, you're basically exploring in the proximity of a different node.
    But, you can gain xp just from exploring. Yes.
    You can't find a space where you can do something that doesn't contribute to a node... as far as I know.
    Again, you gain xp from exploring - and that exploration will also affect a node - even when you don't know where the node is.
    Typically the way you discover the location of node is for a village to pop up near where you've been doing whatever it is you've been doing.

I suppose if you travel to an area and gain xp from your initial exploration and then do nothing but runaround in circles in the same area, the node will only get xp from your initial exploration xp. That xp will still likely activate tasks and events and mobs within the region. Starting from a ZOI that is fairly tight around the node... but you won't know where the node is until a village pops up.
    I doubt we will be finding pockets where there are no mobs and no resources to interact with.