Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Stock Market Fix

Give me solutions not problems!
Suggested Modifications to the Stock Market System.

1. Full 'Local' Metrics is only enabled for the zone of influence the player currently exists and resides.
2. In-game Copy/paste/printscreen/stream is disabled while using economic/quest/map (offline mode) transactions but re-enabled for live-action.
3. Generic rather than specific offline mode screen data should be made available to the internet community for reuse, education and marketing.
4. All player to player economic dealing goes via system mediation only, to allow an information doorway/control mechanism.

This gives economic players full 'solo' functionality to use economic intrigue within their own immediate zone of influence.
This ensures groups of players can not create a back door global auction house via teamwork, that would be denied solo players, or ramp up with group size.
This ensures information speed and quality is instantaneous and pervasive within a zone of influence, but no faster than travel speed between zones of influence.
This enables information speed (like fast travel and movement speed) to become part of the game mechanics, and enables the creation of flow controlled information networks.
The exchange of information thus becomes a regulated, valuable, trade-able commodity for both enemy and friendly nodes.
Effort vs Reward.

Make mmos information great ...again!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    How about we see what they do before we fix it?
  • Options
    can't really fix something that doesn't really exist, I do hope that it's Dynamic and I hope Guilds can tax members etc, It could play a role of sorts.
  • Options
    Fair enough.
    They said its global. I thought that was enough to draw deductions from.
    Apparently you disagree.
  • Options
    I seemed to me less of a disagreement, more of a, lets see what we have first. 
    They have said a lot of things about what they're hoping/aiming for, but most of us pledged because we trust that they are flexible enough to trial different things if they don't seem to be working as well as they could do, or for the player experience a more enjoyable game. 

Sadly there is no way to prevent groups of people manipulating a system that involves money, all you can do is to have weights and measures to prevent it.