Options

Server host locations?

Im not sure if this has been asked or not, and in no way is it going to stop me from playing this amazing looking game... But has there been any info linked to where servers will be located and any plans for an oceanic server? Being located in Australia (and im sure there are quite a few of oceanic players waiting for this too..) this would be fantastic, as the latency we get on US servers puts us at a disadvantage when it comes to both PvP and PvE content.

Either way, have made my pledge and super keen to join this world and community!

Comments

• Options
    Great news!! oceanic servers are confirmed!, as well as SEA/EU and of course NA, as for the actual location's we don't know just yet but they were in talks with google to provide hosting so im going to guess Sydney for us aussies
  • Options
    Shunex said:
    Great news!! oceanic servers are confirmed!, as well as SEA/EU and of course NA, as for the actual location's we don't know just yet but they were in talks with google to provide hosting so im going to guess Sydney for us aussies
    So we'll get cloud based "servers"? Or dedicated servers, where the RAM could burn down? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    Shunex said:
    So we'll get cloud based "servers"? Or dedicated servers, where the RAM could burn down? :open_mouth:
    It'll most probably be a cloud based host. Wouldn't make sense for an American studio to want to manage hardware out in different countries when they can make it another persons problem.
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    Shunex said:
    It'll most probably be a cloud based host. Wouldn't make sense for an American studio to want to manage hardware out in different countries when they can make it another persons problem.
    Indeed! Just asking due to recent MMORPGs did it that way. They mostly had additional offices or a contractor in that certain regions that'd host the dedicated region servers, instead of using cloud based hosting.

Curious why Google, as @Shunex mentioned - AWS and Azure might be a option as well. I hope they made a good weighting of all options :smile:
  • Options
    Yeah. We're curious to see where the SEA servers are gonna be located. Then we'll get to choose between sea or oce. Probably still a long way off though. 

• Options
    Just imagine EU latency... example server is in Germany, from Croatia i have ping 50, if server is in UK, then its 80. I think it would be fair for everyone in this case in EU, that EU server "should" be located in Germany. This is higher ping example (40 v 290) but you can see difference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCq8r2Vhw0I

• Options
    haki said:
    Just imagine EU latency... example server is in Germany, from Croatia i have ping 50, if server is in UK, then its 80. I think it would be fair for everyone in this case in EU, that EU server "should" be located in Germany. This is higher ping example (40 v 290) but you can see difference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCq8r2Vhw0I

For EU, Frankfurt might be the best hosting location, indeed.
    They probably have the fastest internet connection in the whole continent there ;)
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    Shunex said:
    Indeed! Just asking due to recent MMORPGs did it that way. They mostly had additional offices or a contractor in that certain regions that'd host the dedicated region servers, instead of using cloud based hosting.

Curious why Google, as @Shunex mentioned - AWS and Azure might be a option as well. I hope they made a good weighting of all options :smile:
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    Shunex said: