Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Playing with the sound off.

A bit curious if sound will be helpful for playing or is mainly used just for immersion. Helps pinpoints where attacks are coming from vs birds in the trees and babbling brook effects. 

Comments

• Options
    Eh hopefully? But theres really no way to tell, as I'm pretty sure they haven't touched on this subject other than saying that they wanna create atmosphere with music. So maybe you should ask it in one of the stream QnA's.
    That being said, it would be awesome with some sounds clues :)
  • Options
    I remember when WoW first launched the stealth sound from rogues was not actually intended to play when they came near you, but it was so helpful that Blizz decided to keep it in the game as an actual mechanic. Little things like this that a skilled player could use to their advantage, I think, is vital for hardcore players to stay involved.
  • Options
    Sound will always be helpful. When you travel around and hear the growl of a wolf, you are aware and keep your distance. If you failed at that, you will probably hear another sound, indicating you pulled.
    Also during encounters or pvp: Abilities usually have a "starting-sound". You will always be faster to react to sounds like that, especially if something happens outside of the area you actually can see.
    I also find it kind of easier to get reaction to sounds to the... muscle-memory-area, which improves reaction time.
  • Options
    I think having sound would make you feel that much more immersed in the game, especially like Nurph said about the wolf or starting sounds. It would mean that gameplay would require more skill and thats always a plus, anyways most people usually use the sound (as long as the soundtracks great) and I feel that including sound would be a great addition to the realness of the game. 

Thus far I've loved all the music in their released content