Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Serious question about dog pet.

I asked this on the Kickstarter comment section but no replied back. What kind of doggo is it? I think that Ashes of Creation can really break boundaries by making it a Pug. No other MMO has done that before, at least to my knowledge. I am partial to Black Pug's but I would settle for a fawn. Can Ashes of Creation be that forward progressive to tackle such an issue? Only time will tell.

Comments

• Options
    To be honest it depends on what they want really. My best guess of ways you could get a pug is if you have skins for your dogs that change the breed of the dog, that way they dont need to add each dog bread but only the skin and everyone would be happy.
  • Options
    Husky would be way better :smile: but I hope we do have pet skin options.
  • Options
    It depends on what the pet can do it i mean is it for show or could it be a battle pet that could grow up into something else? like a puppy into a wolf battle pet that could aid in battles?
  • Options
    The pets in KS are just cosmetic, so no battle-pet.
  • Options
    I asked this on the Kickstarter comment section but no replied back. What kind of doggo is it? I think that Ashes of Creation can really break boundaries by making it a Pug. No other MMO has done that before, at least to my knowledge. I am partial to Black Pug's but I would settle for a fawn. Can Ashes of Creation be that forward progressive to tackle such an issue? Only time will tell.
    Not sure if i missed what you meant, but as for Pugs (i would love it if they did), sadly World of Warcraft did it.
    Pug or P.U.G / Pick. Up. Group. was implemented maybe 2013 ish.

Cute but honestly i'm up for a Rottweiler or an Aussie sheepdog. 
  • Options
    Cute as pugs are, they are also a hideously over-bred breed, causing them life affecting health concerns due to their short muzzle length. 

So yeah I'd rather not get a pug given to me as part of the kickstarter reward, I'd rather receive a depiction of a healthy sustainable breed. 

But just my view on the matter. 
  • Options
    I think in one of the Streams they discussed having a poll to see what type of dog or cat people wanted for the Kickstarter reward.
  • Options
    Husky or Alaskan Malamute all the way! :)
  • Options
    How about a undead puppy  
  • Options
    I was hoping that these question was asked one twich Q and A but i did post it but i can see the dog and cats being different per race .that wound be great 
  • Options
    For dogs, I'm hoping for a Rough Collie or Golden Retriever.

• Options
    Mastiff, babee. Ye Olde English Mastiff, to be exact. Beautiful dogs, and they were bred as a war dog, as well. Only, I'd love to see them actually well-done, rather than just be a "large dog."
  • Options
    I will take anything that ain't a pug or chiwawa xD 
  • Options
    I know WoW has Pugs, but other then that I personally dislike Pugs.  I am hoping to get the Cat.
  • Options
    No other MMO has done that before, at least to my knowledge.
    Sorry but WoW has.. like back in 2009.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=49912/perky-pug#comments
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Please no pugs or other ugly dogs (WoW had a pug, btw).  I'd like a Lab, German Shepard, or Husky personally.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    EQ2 had pets for the house and it started before WoW.  The wizard had a cat pet.  
  • Options
    Vicious said:
    Please no pugs or other ugly dogs 
    Well I'm not against ugly, except possibly sphinx cats, but for immersion I'd love to see pet interaction... 
    I have three sighthounds, and they've got exceptionally high prey drives, if I walk past your cat, I'd love to see the cat go into arched hissing mode and the dogs 'stand alert' ready to pounce.
    I mention this because one of my adopted Grey's (ex racer)  spent so much of her life being encouraged to chase after everything that moves, that sometimes gets confused by small fluffy pocket po
    oches, also known in our house as 'dinner dog's. So as far as I'm concerned, tiny dog's fall into the same category as 'cat'.
    (Luckily for them she has no teeth at all, so all she ever gets to do if she tries is gum the top of their heads. )
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I agree @Megs, it would add to the immersion if the pets did more than just follow you around and bark every 30 seconds. I certainly wouldn't advocate turning it into and IPhone App game where you have to feed it constantly and wash it etc, but it would be cool to have another level of interaction with them.