Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

CAN WE DYE OUR PETS/MOUNTS

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Hi all,

As the title suggests. perhaps we can encourage devs to implement if not already.

We have all these great mounts and pets coming out, I want to know if there is anything said so far about being able to dye them, I've not played a game that allows it but i've been waiting.

If you are a backer and have the special dyes, it will get fun.

Comments

• Ooh that would be cool and funny. Imagine a purple turtle xD
    I don't think they'd do this unless they gave out a limited colored mount/pet on a stream or something, though. But seriously, I want a purple turtle now ._.
  • Lanova said:
    Ooh that would be cool and funny. Imagine a purple turtle xD
    I don't think they'd do this unless they gave out a limited colored mount/pet on a stream or something, though. But seriously, I want a purple turtle now ._.
    It came to me when i got my backers pack. I have a phoenix pet on it, and really want to make it blue. maybe even white. 
    a freakin' white phoenix at my side would be killer.
  • Lanova said:
    Ooh that would be cool and funny. Imagine a purple turtle xD
    It came to me when i got my backers pack. I have a phoenix pet on it, and really want to make it blue. maybe even white. 
    a freakin' white phoenix at my side would be killer.
    a white phoenix would be awesome!
  • I doubt that we'll be able to dye pets and mounts.

We will probably be using taming, trading and breeding to get the colors we want for our pets.
  • This is an interesting topic. I also think to get the desired color will be possible only when breeding animals (perhaps randomly)
    PS white phoenix - this is not a phoenix;)
  • Breeding animals should determine the colors. Otherwise I should think dying them would be animal cruelty!    
  • I am sure that one of the quotemasters will have the correct livestream link. But colorization of mounts and pets was discussed and is part of the Animal Husbandry crafting line. Has to do with cross-breeding.
    You will not be able to "dye" your pets and mounts. Besides the sub, the other way they will generate scratch it through a cosmetic cash shop. If you give everyone the ability to make "rainbow unicorn that farts ice cream sprinkles" then there is no reason to buy recolored skins from the cash shop.
  • ++ support, thats really cool idea. We will have mount bardings we can probbaly dye that.