Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Achievements

I've tried to find some official discussion on this-and I assume there will be some kind of achievement system-but I just want to see if anyone knows for sure achievement junkies will have something to look forward to in AoC.

Comments

• Options
    I feel like this was brought up briefly on a livestream. However, it would be worth loading this question onto a Livestream forum post with the hope it gets read out. 

:/
  • Options
    i think there will be tons of achievements and stuff to get completely lost in tho it has yet to be confirmed on how this system will work. The devs did talk about implementing lots of server-first achievements on a stream if i remember correctly. I wouldn't worry about it tho, i'm certain  there will be plenty of stuff to to for us achievement-hunters :smiley:

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine
  • Options
    Its gonna be interesting to see how it will play out, as the servers will be different, will the achievements follow suit? (In minor or major ways?).
  • Options
    Its gonna be interesting to see how it will play out, as the servers will be different, will the achievements follow suit? (In minor or major ways?).
    This is part of the concern (not sure if concern is the best word) but if there's an achievement to kill Blarg the Spider, but Blarg only comes out in winter on node 17a at level 5...that might be frustrating since it's entirely possible that never occurs.

Or we could raise an army and destroy an empire that has stood for 1000 years simply to kill a spider for an achievement. I might be ok with this.

• Options
    Warbacon said:
    This is part of the concern (not sure if concern is the best word) but if there's an achievement to kill Blarg the Spider, but Blarg only comes out in winter on node 17a at level 5...that might be frustrating since it's entirely possible that never occurs.

Or we could raise an army and destroy an empire that has stood for 1000 years simply to kill a spider for an achievement. I might be ok with this.

iguess there have to be some clarification regarding such specific achievements, where you have to rely on "unpredictable" events. In either case there will surly be a lot of achievements that will not be effected by this. the pvp-achievements will probably not be as much effected, same goes for most of crafting, pet and mount collecting, tho there might be some exceptions.  And for the ones who seek to fully "complete" the achievement list, they might make some of the achievements "feats of strength" which doesn't effect the overall achievement progression? or maybe they just decide that any individual player can't have 'everything', as they have been mentioning in the stream at some point - personally i kinda like this idea, as it makes some achievements so much more rewarding and worthwhile
  • Options
    I would guess that there would be achievements as it is a game and it gives people the opportunity to explore and try and gain title like in guild wars 2 
  • Options
    @Warbacon Achievments are a thing, as well as server first. one of the first 3 QnA Kickstarter streams should have it covered as far as I remember.

Also if you look into the community doc. You will find sentences like

Will there be a dye system for gear?

• There will be dyes. But will likely be accessible behind achievements/crafting walls. And will be available in the cosmetic shop.

So while I can not provide you with, what kind of achievments there will be. The fact that they will exist and will have actual rewards integrated, is well established.