Appearance Misc. ideas

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
So i was thinking about different ideas for making this already beautiful aesthetic game even more wonderful and 'jaw-dropping'. How would you guys  - and girls - feel about implementing  visual and 'equippable' misc. items such as backpacks, lanterns/torch-holders for the belts, or even  things such  bear-pelts or wolf-pelts to wear when walking in the cold north. - cuz u know, immersion and stuff... B)  
Maybe we could make these misc items 'toggable' also, so players can freely choose on what to show?

let me know what you think, and if you are a big 'immersionfan' like me let me know which misc appearances you would like to see in AoC.

cheers

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine'

Comments

• I love those small items that generally adds to the overall look and feel of your character! I'm totally up for it
  • I love those small items that generally adds to the overall look and feel of your character! I'm totally up for it
    this made me think of that blink 182 song, but yeah I totally agree with you! its amazing how much small misc stuff does for the immersive and overall experience and feeling of the game
  • Well some of it might not be misc. - stuff. They talked a bit about seasons and weather at one point where you needed certain equipment and such :) 
    At another point they mentioned different lighting equipment/spells needed for the dark, so its very possible that its gonna be extensive.

Would love to see it.
  • I'm a huge fan, as long as they're working right, I seem to remember playing LOTRO at one point and other people would turn their lanterns on, but only the player who had it would see any light from it.
    I get that there's a lot of stuff (techy stuff) that would be needed for it, but I also very much the feeling that the immersion and long term playability of this game being 'a game for life' will mean that the team will take up any opportunities to add kit like this in game as and when they can.
    Possibly not for launch.... but sometime *dreams*
  • @Megs yeah i think you are probably right regarding it being something that will be added to the game as it continues to grow and get older - if indeed it becomes a success, which i think it will. I could also picture that some of the things, like a backpack or a pelt will be something that will be added to the cosmetic shop. it wouldn't be entirely bad that either, if the only thing it gives you are aesthetics and no form for obvious advantages or benefits
  • There was mention somewhere that there will be items to place on your belt.  Perhaps this will be along the lines of Warhammer Online when you could place items on yourself like steins for Dwarves.