Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Seasons?

So in the last Q&A they almost asked my question, but said it had already been answered. I haven't been able to find the answer and have watched almost all the Q&As and read all the info on discord and forums that I can find. If someone could help me out I'd be forever grateful!

Are seasons world wide or zone wide?  Can I travel to a distant node to collect different seasonal resources?

Comments

• Options

I've always understood that the seasons are zone wide but it will still have an impact on the world wide zone in terms of events, node and NPC development. I hope this article will be of use to you. There is an article and video on youtube called First look at Seasons  - I've tried to link them here but it won't post my message if I do. :(

• Options
    I'm not sure how I missed it, maybe i just read it so long ago I forgot. I see now in the environment blog, " Zones will progress in a seasonal cycle, which will alter the very nature of the environment around you."

Thanks for pointing it out. <3
  • Options
    Glad it was of help to you Silvanna and you're very welcome :)
  • Options
    Sivanna said:
    So in the last Q&A they almost asked my question, but said it had already been answered. I haven't been able to find the answer and have watched almost all the Q&As and read all the info on discord and forums that I can find. If someone could help me out I'd be forever grateful!

Are seasons world wide or zone wide?  Can I travel to a distant node to collect different seasonal resources?
    I love the Ragnarok sig. Fellow Ragnarok Player!
  • Options
    The world will change with the seasons.
    But...certain events may effects the local weather of a node/village/town.
  • Options
    The world will change with the seasons.
    But...certain events may effects the local weather of a node/village/town.
      I was more curious If the seasons affect the world as a whole, or do zones have different cycles?   Is the ENTIRE world in winter at the same time? They have discussed the vastness of the world, I find it odd that it would all experience the same season at the same time.  I understand that events can alter seasons,  but under normal circumstances, can I travel to a different seasonal zone?

The blog mentions seasonal zones that are influenced by the world's nodes.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017

Do you mean will the map be a globe with a northern and southern hemisphere where winter and summer are flipped north/south at the same moment in time ?

Will there be latitude and an ecliptic ?

• Options
    I'm sure you've already seen this but https://www.ashesofcreation.com/our-immersive-world-environments/ I've always understood that the seasons are zone wide but it will still have an impact on the world wide zone in terms of events, node and NPC development. I hope this article will be of use to you.
  • Options
    I'm sure you've already seen this but https://www.ashesofcreation.com/our-immersive-world-environments/ I've always understood that the seasons are zone wide but it will still have an impact on the world wide zone in terms of events, node and NPC development. I hope this article will be of use to you.
  • Options

I'm sure you've already seen this http://www.ashesofcreation.com/our-immersive-world-environments/ I've always understood that the seasons are zone wide but it will still have an impact on the world wide zone in terms of events, node and NPC development. I hope this article will be of use to you.

• Options

I'm sure you've already seen this http://www.ashesofcreation.com/our-immersive-world-environments/ I've always understood that the seasons are zone wide but it will still have an impact on the world wide zone in terms of events, node and NPC development. I hope this article will be of use to you.