Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gods and Religion

Depending on the degree of your Devotion, some gods can:

Intervene during combat:

- Deliverance: Auto-revive you on a really really low chance, think Final Fantasy 9 Phoenix Eidolon by Eiko Carol

- Chastise: Small small small chance to invoke the gods to smite your opponent, think "Zantetsuken" from final fantasy. depending on devotion, low devotion can will just result in a slight cc or status ailment

- Eureka!: super rare Chance to have a double upgrade or have a "rare" version of a forged/crafted item or save an equipment from being destroyed while over upgrading

- Redemption: slight chance to be suddenly pardoned from a "corrupted" state while praying or giving tribute to a god

- Demonic Tutelage: When at 90% exp, small chance to instantly Level UP!

============================================================

Profane Prayers:

Write a player's Name or Guild on a tablet and pray in a temple of a god for intercession for their Ruin or Success. the formula needs not to be disclosed but with enough people in a server praying for your Ruin.. well you will get Rekt.

Rationale: Hated guilds and players are unincentivized and the general population has a way to retaliate by petitioning the gods for intercession. Those players may soon find their weapons breaking mid combat.. their ships hit by bolts of lightning from seemingly clear blue skies. Their crops wilting and their livestock dying. maybe even lower chances of upgrades.. their stealths just breaking and their spells fizzling for no reason.

in contrast
guilds favored by the people who have petitioned for their success will find:

-Boss Raids are a tiny bit easier, crop yields are higher and criticals happen more often

================================================

If anyone here has played the browser game ArchMage, they would understand the level of involvement that gods had in the game

Comments

• Options
    Are gods going to be a big part of the game (apart from the god of death ^^)
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Are gods going to be a big part of the game (apart from the god of death ^^)
    Yes. Per one of the recent twitch vids Steven said somewhere along the lines of.. "Gods are definitely part of the world. People have first hand witnessed what they can do." As to whether it means they're just like visions etc or if they actually have a physical manifestation, I'm not entirely sure. But again per his blurb on that worshiping a god may grant you specific benefits in comparison to other gods or being agnostic.
  • Options
    nice, so kinda like what i said then?
  • Options
    I like the idea of gods, I used to play D&D bad in the day and being just to a gob of your choosing used to make the game more interesting, obviously being resentful either ended in nothing happening or a whole torrent of hate flooding your way.

I hope there are more gods to choose from. I like the sound of the crafting upgrade. Maybe there will be gods for everything and you have to pick one out of many.

If there is an Arena system i would like the resurrection god to understand that no matter how much money he bet for that champion to win they will be cheating to proc then. xD

• Options
    indeed man, i love proactive gods instead of just being there for lore and whatnot
  • Options
    Hmm the real question is will the gods be intrepid taken over for an amount of time? Or will it "NPC" god?

Could be fun with gods, I'm beginning to look more and more forward to some lore :)