Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My bank thought my backing was a fraud

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Forum and Discord Help
I just talked to my bank and they put a stop to the transaction thinking it was fraud. They said if reprocessed, it will go through... I am a braver of world - early bird limited and I don't want to lose my backing standing

floe304@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    I had the same trouble with Leader of men. You won't lose your backing for another 7 days, by which It'll be sorted. Good luck :)
  • Options
    I have a preauth on my prepaid card for my Braver pledge, not seeing any issues yet, but it wouldn't be the first time they bailed on a payment (they won't pay paypal for instance, kind of ironic considering the paypal issues with kickstarter...  which FYI, is because paypal allows refunds up to 60 days, something kickstarter can't afford to allow)
  • Options
    I'm not too familiar with this, but it should retry in 7 days as said above. 

Try speaking to Intrepid too: CS@IntrepidStudios.com
  • Options
    Kinda sad... my bank doesn't care about me xD Atleast your bank is looking out for you :3
  • Options

@floe304 Usually before any large KS purchase or anything remotely close to my limit (or in foreign currencies, unsure if your currency is USD) I call my bank the day prior to inform them. I.e., I had Royalty, I told them hey, 2.5k is coming out of my bank, please raise my limit so it goes through.

I've had this happen several times where a payment doesn't go through, though! Usually you will have an e-mail from KS where you can resubmit payment. Usually it offers to have you update your payment info. In this case, you just use the same payment info now that you've got things cleared up with your bank. I hope this helps! If not, I can try to find a screenshot from when this last happened to me in order to walk you through it.

• Options
    Buddy of mine had the same problem. I just smiled and told him that at least his card company was doing their job properly.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Atleast your bank is looking out for you :3

That's exactly how I felt during the 20minute queue on the phone :D
  • Options
    Mine just called me and took me through a recorded approval menu. I like the way they approach fraud prevention.
  • Options
    I would contact support @ kickstarter to make sure everything is okay,  as payment is on their side of things 
  • Options
    When you make a "large" internet purchase from a site you have never used, always call your bank or credit card company to tell them before it is charged. I have had the same issues in the past, but not if I gave them the heads up.
  • Options
    mine has cleared now.  the pre-auth was reconciled then the charge went through after that
  • Options
    You should remove your email from you original post.

Log into kickstarter on a browser and there will be a banner that says something like, "Fix my payment method."  Click on that.  There may be another button to.  You have the option to run the credit card then at that point.  This will let you know if it clears before the time limit expires.  I had to do this while on the phone with the credit card fraud department.  
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    You should remove your email from you original post.

Log into kickstarter on a browser and there will be a banner that says something like, "Fix my payment method."  Click on that.  There may be another button to.  You have the option to run the credit card then at that point.  This will let you know if it clears before the time limit expires.  I had to do this while on the phone with the credit card fraud department.  
    I just did this before you said it just didn't get a chance to update my status. I even screenshot of the confirmation
This discussion has been closed.