Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Multiboxing

Will anyone be partaking in this style of play?

Comments

• Options

I'm sure some will if it's allowed. I know I won't be. :)

• Options
    I hope not.  That's a good reason I quit a couple games.  It takes the meaning of community out of play.   Why try to gather people for  group raids when half the group you are battling with are healers or such.  Also it's ok to get ganked by a player or 2 but not by a group made up of bots which  destroys the all out fun.
    The same with gathering resources or doing quests, When you have a mulitboxing group running around they hog everything out there.
  • Options
    I wont be. I hope its not allowed,
  • Options
    current MMO standard policies are either a "no way", or "it is fine as long as there is no automation or "sync'd" control" (apps that let you press a key on your computer and send a specific command to "another")

a long time ago in a WoW far far away, I rand 5 toons, 4 paladins and either a shaman or warlock, I used an app that allowed me to send keys (via IP address) to each "machine" (all game instances on 2 different PCs) then I scripted what each key did on each machine, so I could hit 1 key and have it perform different things on each toon.  Including a button to reorganize and make them all group back up.

It was fun, but a lot more work than I think it was worth.  I leveled all the toons from 1 to about 55 that way, was very OP, and I think is the main reason I quit playing WoW.  I had more fun learning the program and coding how to do the things I needed, than I had actually using it.
  • Options
    I say no to multiboxing and i hope they make it a perma ban offence when caught.
  • Options
    I hope it is not even a option xD
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    as far as i  know steven already mentioned multiboxing in a stream and if you're willing to invest your time and money like this you can, kinda sad to me.. #multiboxing suuccsass xd
  • Options
    Im just going to stick to my summoner and see where that leads me, if I need a tank or healer or a high dps rouge then it makes the game just that much fun to play
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I am not really against multiboxing, tried it myself years ago. But I can see why some people are. If the tools are there, people will eventually start multiboxing. But It would probably be a while before people start trying it. And who knows, this game may be really clumsy for multiboxing, to a point where it may not even be an advantage or simply makes them give it up.

Guess time will tell.

Oh and to answer the question! I personally won't be multiboxing, but I will keep an eye out for you guys!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    its allowed , your paying for x accounts money is going into helping keep server running and paying employee salaries
  • Options
    I would prefer it be a bannable offense if caught doing so. Multiboxing leads to botting and that kills games. It takes the scoial aspect out of it almost completely. Why bother finding a group when you can add your bots into the group and remote control them. As always sooner rather than later multibox assistant programs will enable doing everything while afk and require little or no imput from the player for hours or days at a time.

Botting kills games, multiboxing always leads to botting
  • Options
    the main difference in this game with botting is that most botting (not all, I understand) is for resource gathering, not leveling (although it does get done for leveling too).  The gathering resources here do not respawn in the same place 5 minutes later, this will put a big stop on botting for resource gathering, because the bot won't know where to go next.  it is a very smart mechanism so they can still get sub $$$ from someone playing multiple accounts, while limiting the functionality of them.

That said, if they go with something that requires your character to be logged in and on site for your freehold in order to perform certain actions that are AFKable, then expect more people to have multiple accounts so they can still play while their other account performs that "AFK" action.

I believe one of the Q&As around the 19th made a comment in regards to this type of situation, the AFK actions on freeholds requiring you to be logged in, not the multibox or botting!  I also recall hearing something about NPC workers on your freehold, so will have to wait and see about this one.
  • Options
    A sure way to make multiboxing less damaging is to simply not implement an 'auto-follow' feature.  Without the ability to easily drag multiple characters around, most gamers will have no ability to drag around a pocket healer or nuke bots controlled with extra keypads and simple macros.    

Professional farmers, hackers, and script kiddies will of course develop cheat programs to do that but that will be a far smaller number of folks and the developers anti-cheat features should more easily recognize 3rd party clients running alongside the game client.
  • Options
    Mhyth said:
    A sure way to make multiboxing less damaging is to simply not implement an 'auto-follow' feature.  Without the ability to easily drag multiple characters around, most gamers will have no ability to drag around a pocket healer or nuke bots controlled with extra keypads and simple macros.    

Professional farmers, hackers, and script kiddies will of course develop cheat programs to do that but that will be a far smaller number of folks and the developers anti-cheat features should more easily recognize 3rd party clients running alongside the game client.
    Not adding a follow function will most likely make sure the multiboxing never happens, atleast not to the extent it would have with that function. And if they decide to develop third party softwares to do something the game does not allow, this will lead to them getting banned, indeed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not against multiboxing, as long as it is 100% human-controlled. Multiboxers should not to be confused with botters. If a multiboxer uses anything that automates his/her play (which is not within the game functions) then this individual is a botter and should be banned.

Again, I can see why people dislike multiboxers, whether they ruin your RP experience, your immersion, or simply being too powerful in combat. I just wanted to add my brick to the wall and defend what is not botting.