Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Unique Recipe Design

Just a thought, many games nowadays negate the need for critical though, trial and error and/or in game research because if the problem solving cannot be achieved in 30 seconds, people revert to youtube or game forums.

I would like a return for some aspects of the game to the time when these online resources were not available and you had to find the solutions yourself.

Keeping notes, and experimenting and successes became real rewards.

I am not advocating everything in game this idea was but perhaps for certain elements, if not lore breaking and/or in keeping with game design, make discoverable recipes item combination player unique. 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I understand completely where you're coming from. 

It's got to be a 'wait and see' with this one though, as if we're being able to build up a craftsman brand, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see if they've thought of exactly this, or that recipes would only work if you had x skill, or x experience in crafting.
    Giving crafters so many variables based on skill trees, affected by race/religion/social group etc, that just because that recipe combination worked for them, doesn't mean it's going to work for you and leaving you to start again with the experimenting

• Options
    @AkaBear
    From what I remember in their streams they are leaning towards you line of thought. They want recipes to be discoverable and whether it's, once you find it that's it, that doesn't really make sense because they reiterate so many times having to "explore and experiment" in your craft. Basically meaning a master in their craft should be exactly that. How far they go down this line of thinking is just a matter of having to wait and see unfortunately.