Options

Preach gaming to interview the devs.

Brilliant MMO youtuber. Primarily focusing on WOW related content but I think it would be cool to see one of my all time favorite MMO youtubers interview the Devs. Call him up Intrepid I'm Sure he would say yes.

Comments

• Options
    I think this would be interesting. In all honesty, I hope that Intrepid makes heavy use of the YouTube Content Creator community. It is a massive amount of free advertising.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    The more people know about this game the better 
  • Options
    Yeah I got no idea who he is but the more interviews and more publicity the better :) 

• Options
    Diura said:
    Yeah I got no idea who he is but the more interviews and more publicity the better :) 

clearly agree on this^^
  • Options
    Diura said:

Had to google him myself, but I pressed yes also. He seems like a nice chap.
  • Options
    Never heard of him. I don't have a high opinion of amateur bloggers, "journalists", or youtubers. It's mostly a bunch of empty blather.

They're always a game titles best friend until the studio does something they don't like then they go off on a rant. See Deltia with ESO. Or they're just in it for the clicks and they write hack articles like that PCGamer smear piece.

Aggelos was probably the best interview of that type and it was decent because it was on the Twitch stream. I guess if one of these people were a Twitch guest for a short Q&A I guess it might not be so bad.

Personally I would rather they just do periodic livestream reveals. There's no need to suck at the teat of vlog machine.
  • Options
    Never heard of him. I don't have a high opinion of amateur bloggers, "journalists", or youtubers. It's mostly a bunch of empty blather.

They're always a game titles best friend until the studio does something they don't like then they go off on a rant. See Deltia with ESO. Or they're just in it for the clicks and they write hack articles like that PCGamer smear piece.

Aggelos was probably the best interview of that type and it was decent because it was on the Twitch stream. I guess if one of these people were a Twitch guest for a short Q&A I guess it might not be so bad.

Personally I would rather they just do periodic livestream reveals. There's no need to suck at the teat of vlog machine.
    How do live-stream reveals gain more people? More bloggers, and you-tubers the broader the audience they can reach. what they are currently doing is the best form of free marketing and they need to keep doing it. That's how I heard of AOC through a video made by Lazy Peon. That being said you should look him up hes actually historically not in it for the money and the up-votes.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Repkar said:
    How do live-stream reveals gain more people? More bloggers, and you-tubers the broader the audience they can reach. what they are currently doing is the best form of free marketing and they need to keep doing it. That's how I heard of AOC through a video made by Lazy Peon. That being said you should look him up hes actually historically not in it for the money and the up-votes.

I also heard about AoC thanks to Lazy Peon's video. So this definitely a Yes.
  • Options
    Hadn't heart of him until now, but checked him out. I'm all for more exposure for this game, and the continued relationship this company has with it's community. 
  • Options
    I have no idea how I even found this game 
  • Options
    sure why not.
    WoW has still the biggest playerbase, so getting WoW youtuber to cover Ashes will in the long run only help to keep the servers full
  • Options
    I voted no for 2 reasons:

1. I do not know who that is, so I can't say if he is good or bad
    2. I much prefer community (us) asking question ourselves, than having someone asking HIS questions for us
  • Options
    I'll take a pass... the fact that he sticks with WoW content because it what makes him money is why I can't really take him seriously about anything. He literally hates the game.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    I voted no for 2 reasons:

1. I do not know who that is, so I can't say if he is good or bad
    2. I much prefer community (us) asking question ourselves, than having someone asking HIS questions for us
    He is 300k possible subscribers, the current community asking questions is good but will not drum up more marketing. This reasoning has been given in a previous post however no one has answered another marketing strategy that would combat not using social media.
  • Options
    I voted yes purely because of his good editing and every forthwith way of speaking. Get the point across very well
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Yes
    Reasons:

• His community is large and when people see the night and day comparrisons between WoW and AoC, many will flock over to this game, giving it the justice it deserves for recognition and player community
    • He is strongly opinionated when it comes to games and mechanics and holds an objective view for both the pros and the cons. 
    • Similar to first reason: Free publicity without paying for adds. Even if he utterly shits on the game, those who are smart enough to make their own opinions will see what AoC has the potential to be. The more exposure AoC gets in social media (Mainly Youtube and Twitch) the better off the game will be.
  • Options

Preach is actually different. He has been an end game tank for wow since it's launch back in 2004. Which makes him a competitive MMO gamer for about 12 years. This gives him immensly more experience than any other Blogger, Journalist or youtuber.

He also has not gone on a rant for all thses 12 years, and trust me, that is unheard of in the whole internet universe.

Check out his content :)
  • Options

Preach is actually different. He has been an end game tank for wow since it's launch back in 2004. Which makes him a competitive MMO gamer for about 12 years. This gives him immensly more experience than any other Blogger, Journalist or youtuber.

He also has not gone on a rant for all thses 12 years, and trust me, that is unheard of in the whole internet universe.

Check out his content :)
  • Options
    This is a great way to have a bunch of repeat questions. Has he shown any interest? Not that I know of. Just because you like him is a terrible reason to have him to an interview.
  • Options
    I don't know who he is but I would never say no to learning more/hearing about the game.