Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Development (Robin Hood)

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
So I think the node development is truly unique and quite amazing.  The thing I'm worried about is that if I wanted to go off in the forest and build a "robin hood" type of village/society.  This doesn't seem like an option.  It seems like advancing a node is only a village, town, city, and so forth

Can I not make sure that my community doesn't destroy the forest around me and we utilize the environment?  In other words, is the node advancement so linear that I can't build a small village in a the forest.  Or will we have the options when advancing the node to make sure we don't become just another city when we just want to be a small forest dwelling community?

Comments

• Options
    If I remember, the devs said that you "could" not be a citizen of a node, but that would be a very hard way to play the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It would be a good idea to have an option to limit the development of a node through it's goverment or maybe link the development of the node to the investment on buildings, meaning if you don't build things, it stays on its current stage.
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    If I remember, the devs said that you "could" not be a citizen of a node, but that would be a very hard way to play the game.

It's not that I'm trying not to be a citizen of a node.  I'm trying to create a robin hood culture instead of a city culture.  I WOULD like to be a citizen of the node I'm growing.  I just don't want the node to force me to have a city out in the forest.  I want to be able to have a different node type that allows me to live closer to nature.  I'm totally fine that it would be more restricting on what you could and couldn't do.  But still, I'd like to be a citizen in a different node type

The only solution I can currently think of is that my friends and I find a city or metropolis and since the area's of influence are larger we could go off into the forest some and build our houses, we'd then be citizens of the city or metropolis but would get our small non intrusive village.  There just wouldn't be NPC's and it would just be a few of us.  Which isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but could work
  • Options
    I'm not sure the information you're looking for is available yet @RobbyTitan. I'm assuming not all "cities" will look alike so maybe there will be scope for you to develop your Robin Hood type node, but as all assumptions, I may be wrong.
  • Options
    Krojak said:

It's not that I'm trying not to be a citizen of a node.  I'm trying to create a robin hood culture instead of a city culture.  I WOULD like to be a citizen of the node I'm growing.  I just don't want the node to force me to have a city out in the forest.  I want to be able to have a different node type that allows me to live closer to nature.  I'm totally fine that it would be more restricting on what you could and couldn't do.  But still, I'd like to be a citizen in a different node type

The only solution I can currently think of is that my friends and I find a city or metropolis and since the area's of influence are larger we could go off into the forest some and build our houses, we'd then be citizens of the city or metropolis but would get our small non intrusive village.  There just wouldn't be NPC's and it would just be a few of us.  Which isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but could work
  • Options
    edited June 2017

No sure why, but it posted twice and I have yet to figure out how to delete posts...
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I'm not sure the information you're looking for is available yet @RobbyTitan. I'm assuming not all "cities" will look alike so maybe there will be scope for you to develop your Robin Hood type node, but as all assumptions, I may be wrong.

For sure sir.  I'll just keep my hat on and wait some.  Maybe they have already thought of players like me.  But at least I put this here so they can see I exist
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @RobbyTitan
    You would have to be very careful about not adventuring in the region after progressing the node to Stage 1 or Stage 2.
    Might be that all you need to do is not provide the resources required to advance the node to Stage 3.
  • Options
    RobbyTitan   

This info from the "About" page might help you a bit.

Housing

Players will have the ability to survey and develop land anywhere in the world. Be a pioneer deep in the wilderness, build the home of your dreams, and work the land to cultivate resources and supplies. Alternatively, stick with civilization and safety in numbers – purchase a home within the confines of a village and watch your investment grow as that village turns into a city.

Homeowners in our game will have the ability to develop their plot of land as they see fit. Focus on farming, animal husbandry, or own your very own smithy. You’ll be able to specialize your land to maximize your profits or your comfort – be sure to choose wisely.

This about sums up what little info we have so far.  As far as the different types of nodes it's yet to be discovered.  I do like your idea, :):smile:

CylverRayne