Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

NODE XP problem?

So I had a thought... (scary, right?)
Since Nodes level up based on activity within their zone of control, is there a way to instead have that XP go to the Node you're a Citizen of? I bring this up because, for example, dungeons will be all over the world. Thus, every time I adventure out I would technically be helping "enemy" Nodes. So I have a choice: restrict my gameplay and stay within my own Node, or experience the game world while neglecting my home Node.

Comments

• Options
    this is an interesting thought. i would hope, that while we want to advance our home Nodes, we certainly wouldnt want a rival node to gain anymore than they have. 

maybe intrepid will make this so that you dont put xp into nodes that you are not a citizen of after stage 3, or maybe this will just be a game mechanic that we as players have to decide: ally with this node so nothing bad happens, change citizenship for more popular areas, or full on war to get these areas for ourselves. the latter option is less appealing because of the amount of time put into beinging a node down so the zoi takes it over
  • Options
    I think that when you are a citizen of a node any xp you would earn goes to it no matter where you are. I could be completely wrong, but I think that sounds the most logical compared to earning xp for whatever zone of influence you're in.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm not sure why you think all other nodes are enemy nodes rather than ally nodes.

If you are being sent to the dungeon as a task for your node, your node gets xp.
    If you're in some region that has no NPCs, then you may be establishing a colony.
    If you're in a region that has a camp or a village or a town...maybe it's helpful for you to make an alliance.

Seems strange that you would be running dungeons in enemy regions without being sent there on a mission.
  • Options
    I don't believe there is to be considered enemy nodes, as from what I have seen the World is your domain and what you choose to do with it is up to you. But If I am off I would like to learn alot more about AoC.