Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Sieges and communications

Hi there everyone, I just have a quick question about the topic.  When a Node is going to be sieged and a army of players are coming cant you just use general or guild chat or whisper a friend or stranger in the particular node about the impending invasion? How does scouting and imformation gathering work? If theres a video with this sort of information I would apperciate a link.

Comments

• Options
    I believe everyone will know of the impending siege because there will be a world notification :) It also takes a long time to prepare a siege so it gives defenders enough to prepare a defence. It won't be a come and slaughter and take over - it will be balanced on both sides in terms of preparation time s so whoever prepared better and works harder will be victorious :3
  • Options
    What @Diura said, and theres also gonna be integrated voicechat, so thats another way :)
  • Options
    What @Diura said, and theres also gonna be integrated voicechat, so thats another way :)
    Which will be super badass xD and I'm just thinking :0 Imagine the elected seige leader and node defender could do a voice call out speech to their allies aha
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    So like defense cant swarm the sieges camp before they are built up or say offense cant zerg a node out of no where?
  • Options
    Zlade said:
    So like defense cant swarm the sieges camp before they are built up or say defense cant zerg a node out of no where?
    As we know of yes :)
    We don't know then time frames yet for preparations but perhaps there might be opportunities to try and 'deprogress' the enemy by infiltration of enemy base but we don't have the information yet to provide a solid answer.

The purpose to avoid "swarming" is to avoid Zerg guilds from owning all.

• Options
    Thank you for all this information, very much appreciated.
  • Options
    Zlade said:
    So like defense cant swarm the sieges camp before they are built up or say offense cant zerg a node out of no where?
    The general idea is that you have to build the camps, siegeengines etc. this goes for both defenders and attackers. So both sides needs time to prepare.
    From what I gather it should be getting ressourses and such, if one would like they could try and disrupt that, but then you would neglect your own preparations. Its one big balancing game :)
  • Options
    Julemanden said:
    "Its one big balancing game "

We sure can hope they know how to walk that balancing beam!

• Options
    Was this confirmed? Or it's something they're thinking of working on? Anyway, we'll probably still end up using discord. In game voice chat will be useful for Pick up groups :D
  • Options
    Was this confirmed? Or it's something they're thinking of working on? Anyway, we'll probably still end up using discord. In game voice chat will be useful for Pick up groups :D
    Its confirmed that they are working on it I'm sure ^^ it'll be for guild / party chat though so will be restricted in some ways and obviously people can choose to have it on/off probably xD you're very right in saying it'll be best used for pick up groups - which is fantastic ^^
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Its confirmed that they are working on it I'm sure ^^ it'll be for guild / party chat though so will be restricted in some ways and obviously people can choose to have it on/off probably xD you're very right in saying it'll be best used for pick up groups - which is fantastic ^^
    It's both fantastic and horribly terrifying at the same. 

*Fanguy joins your party

*Whooshing typhoon like sounds* 

"Ummm, Fanguy, your fan is on?"

*WOOOOOOOSH*

"Fanguy?"

*WOOOOOOSH*

fumbles for controls to mute people. 
  • Options
    Diura said:

*Fanguy joins your party

*WOOOOOOOSH*

"Fanguy?"

*WOOOOOOSH*

Poor Fanguy xD He just wanted to be friends xD
  • Options
    Diura said:

*Fanguy joins your party

*WOOOOOOOSH*

"Fanguy?"

*WOOOOOOSH*

I think the way in which they plan to implement this kind of voice function is that players who take specific lead positions in the siege will be given permissions to hand out commands over voice chat. If it were just an "open mic-fest" I'm sure that people would abandon siege just to get out of voice chat :smiley:
  • Options
    I wonder if the government leader(s) will be able to put a player, even themselves, in the roll of General for these fights, and players for the node have to sign up for the siege, and be given their designated units. Sounds complicated, but for someone who has been in RP military guilds and the JROTC program, it's not only appealing, but straight forward. The complications would come into play with undisciplined players who are not used to an organized environment and just want to run around and attack stuff.

What could be an easy set up is using the planned voice chat, but the only ones who can talk are the designated leaders of the assault/defense. Players can mute these players if they want to, but most of the organisation would come from your selected General, who is giving direction to the huge mob of players.

And for a little clarification on the unit idea I listed in the first paragraph:

No, players won't have to stand in formation like they are NPCs, as shown in some of the pre-alpha footage. I think only the heavy RP-PVP guilds would implement rules like that for their own people and won't effect everyone else. However, these units could become organized within the prep time frame for a Siege, each player learning about each other and what they can do, and have great fun when sent on missions by the chain of command.

I would also say that entire guilds can sign up, and not just individual players, for this system. That way the guild leadership can stay in tact and those players can continue playing together without having to break up the family groups.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    It's both fantastic and horribly terrifying at the same time.

*Fanguy joins your party

*Whooshing typhoon like sounds commences* 

*WOOOOOOOSH*

"Fanguy?"

*WOOOOOOSH*

fumbles for controls to mute. 
  • Options
    Diura said:
    It's both fantastic and horribly terrifying at the same time.

*Fanguy joins your party

*Whooshing typhoon like sounds commences* 

*WOOOOOOOSH*

"Fanguy?"

*WOOOOOOSH*

fumbles for controls to mute. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Kesarakk said:
    I wonder if the government leader(s) will be able to put a player, even themselves, in the roll of General for these fights, and players for the node have to sign up for the siege, and be given their designated units. 
    I probably would go waaaaaaaaay out of my way to not support that General.