Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Player to Player Trading?

So I was digging on the forums and haven't heard much about this mechanic. Is this going to be a feature? And if so, what will be the limitations of it aside from bound items. I hope they don't severely limit us in fear of gold sellers like BDO did. I feel that really takes away from the immersion and harder to work together with other people. A free trading system in a sandbox is an essential mechanic to maintain that sense of freedom. 

Comments

• I recall Steve mentioning this on a Q&A stream. The answer he gave was a pretty unqualified "yes", which I think is great for the open world aspect. It will introduce complications in other areas, such as combatting gold sellers; but there are smart ways to address these issues.
  • I was wondering what the current status of things about player trading is. Were there any new informations about the system?

Will player trading stay in game or do they plan to remove it?
  • I was wondering what the current status of things about player trading is. Were there any new informations about the system?

Will player trading stay in game or do they plan to remove it?
    The new info from earlier this year confirms that there will be player to player trading and talks about some ways they will combat gold sellers.

https://youtu.be/mD1q3aTRcPY?t=2817
  • Player trading and direct sales will be in game. Almost no items will be bound. People will freely be able to trade or sell used stuff or drops they find. They have said that only a very small percentage of stuff will be BoP/BoE. They have systems in place that track sales and scan for irregularities. There is no mailing of items. If you want to trade, you are going to have to meet in game. They have active and passive systems that were planned before the coding even began to bitchslap gold sellers and RMT. Will they be effective? Hopefully so. We will just have to wait and see. One way those that try to "game" those systems is having a way to storehouse and move their currency through multiple accounts. With no way to easily move currency over large in game distances, tracking of every single action taken in a node, and other systems, concerns/problems other games have had should be reduced to negligible/eliminated.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    https://youtu.be/f8SpiG0Ulbg?t=10m33s ( stop at 14:03 )
    • It'll be a *three-part question, but definitely worth listening to
    EDIT: in short - yes ... kinda ... you can trade equipped gear. But they're still working on it
  • feel free to refresh for those that saw the original post ... sorry  :#
  • Without the ability to mail items is there a way to transfer items or currency between alts on the same account?
  • Without the ability to mail items is there a way to transfer items or currency between alts on the same account?
    Have caravan deliver your goods to their node and then log into your other account and wait for them to arrive. that's the only way I can think of 
    There is a warehousing system planned that they have not released the details of that will allow you to transfer items and currency between alts. It will be restrictive enough that people will not be able to use it to transfer large amounts of goods and currency as a workaround to the caravan system. When the question was brought up in a livestream, they said they are working on it, but were not ready to release details of the system. So if you think that you are going to be able to make kickass mithril swords on your main in the node that has mithril, then transfer them to an alt several nodes away where they fetch a much higher price, to profit from avoiding the risk and cost of the caravan system, you will be disappointed is my prediction. It is another one where there just aren't enough details on it besides a firm no on mailing of items.
  • Awesome thanks for the responses.. I tend to use alts as a bank system or my main as a gatherer and alt as a crafter etc.. having your alts pick up from the warehouse from the same node only would prevent mass travel of goods without effecting the usefulness of an alt. 
  • UnknownSystemError said:
     So if you think that you are going to be able to make kickass mithril swords on your main in the node that has mithril, then transfer them to an alt several nodes away where they fetch a much higher price, to profit from avoiding the risk and cost of the caravan system, you will be disappointed is my prediction. It is another one where there just aren't enough details on it besides a firm no on mailing of items.
    Yeah, I don't see any way for any item in the game to move from any one location to any other location without players physically carrying it themselves (including caravans).
  • Is it going to be eve online player trading, were you can get scammed or proper trading. By proper trading I mean its scam proof.
  • If it isn't on testing release, it will be by live. None of that put stuff in trade window, wait for other person to put gold in and hit confirm, and then you cancel and keep gold and item. Another system that will get lots of love and attention from those that want to stop scamming.
  • If it isn't on testing release, it will be by live. None of that put stuff in trade window, wait for other person to put gold in and hit confirm, and then you cancel and keep gold and item. Another system that will get lots of love and attention from those that want to stop scamming.
    A very descriptive explanation, sounds to me you have been caught a few times with the same mechanic.

Which reminds me. I have a gold plated wooden staff which is encrusted with a number of stones. Will you be interested in a trade.  
  • As far as I've heard the only things, or at least most of, the bound items will be things you purchased. Such as skins. Witch is nessisary or you default created a system of pay to win, even if you put it in the hands of players.

Awesome thanks for the responses.. I tend to use alts as a bank system or my main as a gatherer and alt as a crafter etc..
    Let's hope that it is horribly inefficient to have alts useful for crafting or gathering, etc. It takes away from what those skills should mean to other players. Breaks immersion and cheapens the experience. I'm not here to play a slightly better ESO.