Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Chat Channels and Mail UI Systems

Steven and the team have basically said there will be no add-ons because the UI etc will be done right. This is an excellent concept that I hope comes to fruition. Having that said I just wanted to throw out some ideas for the chat system that comes from an add-on from another game. 

The basic chat setup allows the player to switch channels /say, /yell, /guild etc. It's be nice to have a customizable pop up window to alert you to the channels you are most concerned by /whisper for example. Also it would be good to be able to archive those channels if you would like. I'd also like to see a way to create custom phrases and sentences to quick add to a given chat channel.

With using the in game mail system, I'd like to see some comprehensive customization for out going mails. Again this is based off an add-on in another game. It'd be advantageous to be able to quickly add people from the guild and friends list, including being able to send mail based on the person's guild rank (officers only or any combo of guild rank).

Just some thoughts and my 2 cents. 

Comments

• Options
    I defiantly a agree to being able to archive conversations. I had this feature in an mmo before and came in handy when we had to contact support over a case of abuse.