Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Marketplace: Buy orders?

Just recently backed and started following the game, so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I could not find mention of it anywhere.

I've heard that we will have local marketplaces in cities, which I interpret as a pretty standard auction hall like we see in many games, but one feature I think would be great that isn't very common, would be the ability to place a buy order.

Typically we see market places where Player A has a sword they want to sell, they list it for 100g and when Player B decides to buy it, Player A receives the gold minus a small marketplace cut.

I'd like to see where Player B can make a post that he wants to buy that same sword, and Player A can decide to sell it to them.

Or to expand on that idea even further, there should be a notice board for crafters to post buy/sell orders as well.  So Player B can post that he wants that sword crafted with X stats on it, and if a crafter accepts the buy order, the order is marked as in progress (to prevent multiple crafters from accepting the same order) and they have a limited time to fill that order for whatever commission Player B posted.

Comments

• Options
    Aye that would be sweet, would also make a lot of sense given the system proposed. You could ask for a sword not common to that node at a high price, someone then had to decide whether or not to get it from another node. 

But I think it would work best simply for raw material, much easier to manage that way :)
  • Options
    Love the idea. 
  • Options
    Wow I really like this idea @Dranith

It makes perfect sense for there to be an Order Board. This would save time for players having to spam "trade chat" with "WTB X sword. PST with offer." that floods the game.

If I remember how they explained the system in one Q&A, there will be "booths" in market places where players can set up their items to sell and players can come by and purchase, sell, and trade at that booth. I am unsure if players will be able to buy/rent these booths and have an NPC run it, so they aren't stuck in town all day, and they just arrive with new materials to supply the NPC. As for the taxes, it makes sense to have and why it is important for government leaders to construct market places inside their node, as those taxes would go into government funding and they can spend that money on things like: caravan guards, player housing, city defenses, etc.

On Order Boards: There should be two layers to these Order Boards: Booths and Order Requests. First, following my last paragraph on the booth system ((If that is even a thing, but I think it is)), those who buy/rent booths will have the ability to put it on the Board so when players visit the board, looking for weapons so to speak, they can see which booths offer weapons and they go to visit those booths. Second, Order Requests should be by category, similar to how other AH systems work, so you have a slot of Weapons, Mounts, Type of Gear ((Plate, Cloth, etc.)). Artisans in the market can visit the board and decide which jobs they want to take, contact that player and make arrangements to meet up to deliver the goods: Be it at their individual free holds or in the city itself. And for the taxes: Players will have to pay a fee to place their Order Requests, that way it's not all on the Artisans to pay taxes in a booth.

Overall I hope this gets placed in the game, and I helped expand/explain how such a system might work. 10/10 for the idea!
  • Options
    That's a brilliant idea!
  • Options
    That would be cool.  I vote yes.
  • Options
    Good work @Dranith It's isn't a topic that has been covered yet! I 100% agree with you. I've seen a few games with this mechanic and works really well for those that want a quick sale of their item vs those who want more money. I agree though that it should be restricted to raw materials. Might be too difficult for crafted items or will drive the prices down too much.