Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will we have the ability to have birds or dragons to fly on to get around?

I'm Asking as i'm not sure if that was asked about when you guys were on the topic of not being able to teleport which I like the idea of not using teleportation to get to places to be honest :D

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    No, Several Q/A's have answered this.

Travel will be a meaningful mechanic in the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Actually, I believe Steven mentioned in a video or Q&A that there will be Dragon mounts made available to the leadership of metropolises and guild castles. These will be rideable flying mounts.

Info on dragon mounts
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    lexmax said:
    Actually, I believe Steven mentioned in a video or Q&A that there will be Dragon mounts made available to the leadership of metropolises and guild castles. These will be rideable flying mounts.

Info on dragon mounts
    His questioned is phrased for Travel specifically.  I believe the Q/A answered that those leadership mounts would be used in sieges unless they updated their stance on that.  Also, while they did explain possibilities of a rare eqq to spawn a dragon they kept refusing to give what uses it may have but they fell back on the rarity and wanting to have more meaningful travel.   While I left out having a dragon for mayors, you are eluding that a mayor could fly his dragon for travel half way across the world.
  • Options
    Here is what is currently known about their mount and flying mount system:

Flying mounts, dragons were the common name dropped during the Q&As, are reserved for mayors of Node cities and kings/queens of castles ((Essentially guild leaders who moved into a castle)). 

Mounts will be obtained through quests, wild taming, and Animal Husbandry ((Players will be able to raise and breed their own mounts, maybe create new and unique ones along the way)). 

For both flying and ground mounts, there is talk about mount degradation. This means that after x amount of time, the mount will die, forcing players to buy new mounts. I believe this system holds true for the kings/queens/mayors, especially mayors as their offices are, tentatively, on 30 day cycles ((one month, then someone new comes in, or the re-run for office depending on their node)). How this works for kings and queens, we don't know yet.

World drops: The talk around the community is that raids and possible pvp events will drop rare flying mounts, allowing players who are not in key guilds or government positions the chance to fly. Again, if this is in the game, these mounts will also have a 30 day cycle, or at least a certain time frame, until they die, or disappear from your inventory, or however they will work.

Hope this helps answer some questions.
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    Here is what is currently known about their mount and flying mount system:

Flying mounts, dragons were the common name dropped during the Q&As, are reserved for mayors of Node cities and kings/queens of castles ((Essentially guild leaders who moved into a castle)). 

Mounts will be obtained through quests, wild taming, and Animal Husbandry ((Players will be able to raise and breed their own mounts, maybe create new and unique ones along the way)). 

For both flying and ground mounts, there is talk about mount degradation. This means that after x amount of time, the mount will die, forcing players to buy new mounts. I believe this system holds true for the kings/queens/mayors, especially mayors as their offices are, tentatively, on 30 day cycles ((one month, then someone new comes in, or the re-run for office depending on their node)). How this works for kings and queens, we don't know yet.

World drops: The talk around the community is that raids and possible pvp events will drop rare flying mounts, allowing players who are not in key guilds or government positions the chance to fly. Again, if this is in the game, these mounts will also have a 30 day cycle, or at least a certain time frame, until they die, or disappear from your inventory, or however they will work.

Hope this helps answer some questions.
    Thank you kesarakk for that this makes a lot more sense now :-)