Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Seasonal events, ya or nay?

While some seasonal events makes sense in a video game, some events have always bugged me. Spice regular IRL seasonal events up with an ingame season system and you get?...
Events tied to the seasons such as spring celebration, harvest day etc. makes sense even in a game, but having irl specific events such as christmas and easters is a bit wierd or is it?.

So my question goes out to you, would you want seasonal events? (Would be nice with a bit as to why, and maybe what is in what is out?)

(No poll cause there would have to be a thousand options)

Comments

• Options
    YAY!

Seasonal events are the best! I've always felt it was the developers way of saying thank you to the community and for the community to get together to do silly things. 

If resources allows for it, it'd be nice to see different seasonal events depend on the region of the servers. 
  • Options
    Hell yea man. Honestly, my favorite part of WoW was the Holiday events, particularly the Halloween event. 

I'd love to see AoC specific holiday though too, like having Nodes be able to set a "festival day" or maybe set up holidays for what ever religion is followed. Be a cool personalized way to have events. 
  • Options
    My god is an angry god, and will smite anyone having cocoa. I like the idea of the occasional event with goodies, but it always seems to distract from stuff you should be doing like gathering resources, support/defending the node, and so on. So if not dropped on a bi-monthly basis with "Grind, grind, grind for the next two weeks to get the special sweater." but truly is a special event, all for it.
  • Options
    I've always gone bananas for needing all the seasonal collectibles.  It's fun to run around and wear/use em waaaaaay outside of season.  When tanking, I would pop into my winter event snowman costume when fighting dungeon bosses because that's how you properly use it.
    ^.^
  • Options
    Well... Maybe they don't make that much sense. And when we're going to have 1 year lasting e.g. month it will make even less sense buuuuuut...
    I love having Christmas everywhere :D I just love the spirit, the decorations, the music, and everything behind it.
    I love halloween too! :D But Christmas is my favourite.
  • Options
    A Christmas even doesn't necessarily have to involve snow... 

Merry Half-Christmas to all!

• Options
    I like the idea of seasonal events as long as they do not become watered down monthly occurrences.  I would be more than happy with a solid 4 events (one for each season) not based around American traditional holidays.

With 4 event it would leave space for 1 or 2 additional promotional events like Anniversary or specific GM server event.
  • Options
    My god is an angry god, and will smite anyone having cocoa. I like the idea of the occasional event with goodies, but it always seems to distract from stuff you should be doing like gathering resources, support/defending the node, and so on. So if not dropped on a bi-monthly basis with "Grind, grind, grind for the next two weeks to get the special sweater." but truly is a special event, all for it.
    I denounce any god that punish us for having cocoa. Cocoa is life. Cocoa is LOVE. COCOA FOR THE CHOCOLATE GOD.
  • Options
    Already confirmed that they will be in the game. So yay.
  • Options
    Already confirmed that they will be in the game. So yay.
    Any word on which ones exactly? 
  • Options
    I mean events wrapped around RL Holidays is always something fun and something to look forward to each year. It also adds to the feeling of the world and brings it more to life IMO.. and for people like myself it gives us something to do on holidays if you are alone, that might sound depressing but with work and stuff I don't have time for any big plans and it has always been nice to share those special days with my friends in the gaming community.

Seasonal events are cool to but if the seasonal events are going to be a thing the weather in the game would have to tie into this I think.... maybe not but good topic.

In short I'm for anything that makes the world feel alive and as real as it could be.
  • Options
    I think for sure there is going to be a Christmas event, as evidenced by the video they posted; plus they have already said there would be seasonal events in a Stream.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I think for sure there is going to be a Christmas event, as evidenced by the video they posted; plus they have already said there would be seasonal events in a Stream.
    Oh right completely forgot about that video :) Thats actually a really good point.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with seasonal events even if the weather doesn't coincide with what you see as the perfect holiday weather.  Somewhere in the real world the sun is shinning bright and warm while children are swimming as   many across the world ride down snowy hills on sleds or sip cocoa by a warm     fire hoping that dwarf St. Nick won't singe his beard when he arrives.   

Seriously those events do add fun and often time laughs and comradery to the game.  Can't be serious all the time, what a dull life or game that would be! 

I've seen and met even hardcore players enjoying them.  

CylverRayne
  • Options
    oooowwwww.....   The wind is howling as the silvery harvest moon in all it's glory rises high staring down on the chilled land.  The earth begins to rumble, trees and hedgerow shaking as the Undead rise to invade the land.  Our boney friend Nagath stands tall leading them,  crushing all in their place. 

Oh ya,  Seasonal events! 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Yay! Why would anyone vote nay?
  • Options
    Arkanth said:

Maybe cuz they lost their soul to the God of Mundane or the Grinch Ghoul cut out their hearts!!
  • Options
    Arkanth said:
    Well thats exactly why I didnt put a poll here, cause I figured most people would like some sort of seasonal event. So then its better to just discuss what and why :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Yepper! I think seasonal events are awesome!

If they are events that rely on certain weather or something, Steven or maybe Jeffrey already talked about an example where (potentially), say, a frost dragon emerges and keeps the world in a state of winter until something is done about it.

There could be world events and seasons that are based around that kind of thing in the lore... 

"Every year in the month of Fargener, the Sminnish kobolds come down from the highest peaks of Everfar to celebrate their harvest. When they do, their prayers to Jella hold the world in an eternal state of Spring, so we all felt this is a perfect time to hold our spring festivals, as it can last for weeks!"
    That kinda thing :)

• Options
    Seasonal events for all! X x x :smiley:

• Options
    Even though it will be weird with game seasons I still want to celebrate Christmas and other seasonal events with all of you ???? Brings the community together :3
  • Options
    Yes I think some seasonal events are great. Not every other week but 2 or 3 a year. Sounds good and gives people a break from just doing your day to day stuff just like in real life. 
  • Options
    There must be season events, but I hope that there will also be non season event   probably like 2*xp, monster defends, food gathering mini games and that stuff
  • Options
    drdebica said:
    There must be season events, but I hope that there will also be non season event   probably like 2*xp, monster defends, food gathering mini games and that stuff
    Like "double exp weekend", "better drops week" etc. That kinda thing? Or like "coupons for 2 hours double exp" or the like?