Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I really like the decision regarding flying mounts

I think the design decision regarding flying mounts is really clever; by limiting them to a select few (the leaders, and possibly as an extremely rare drop with an expiration time?) you still get the awesomeness of a flying mount while at the same time keeping them extremely rare, adding to excitement, epicness, and appreciation of them when you finally get to see one.

I will probably never fly one myself, but just being able to see someone else fly their dragon would be a really amazing experience for me.

I imagine myself in game hunting the woods, and perhaps resting by a camp fire, when I spot something large flying low over the treetops a kilometer away. I stand up to look closer, and see the leader of a foreign metropolis returning to his residence. A powerful roar echoes through the woods as the dragon flies away in the distance, leaving the forest completely silent of ambient sound, birds and squirrels having taken cover in the treetops.

Those moments would add a lot to the game to me, don't you agree?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, I've gotten used to the idea that I'll never wrap my short legs around one. I'll just stand there, looking up at the sky and strumming my lute to a famous Eric Idle song I have in my repertoire.
  • Options
    It'll be nice to see dragons in combat as well. Especially during the attack and/or defence of keeps.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    About to bust a hole in the final pane of a city gate and then a dragon lands on top of it and grins at us.......great :# ^^ 
  • Options
    I would like to fly one of them :D
  • Options
    I am alright with very limited flying mounts. They need motivators to be the ruler of large game organizations. It is a real pain most of the time...
  • Options
    I agree I really like this system. im always for systems that reward players who play the game, and not just hand outs like how most MMOs do.
  • Options
    I am alright with very limited flying mounts. They need motivators to be the ruler of large game organizations. It is a real pain most of the time...
    I'm not sure how big an organization you'll need to be to conquer a castle. Hopefully it can be sieged by a number of small guilds working together?
  • Options
    It grew on me.  Wasn't a big fan at first, but I came to appreciate it over the last few weeks
  • Options
    Virtek said:
    It grew on me.  Wasn't a big fan at first, but I came to appreciate it over the last few weeks
    Sounds like my wife on her hen do.
  • Options
    I Love the Idea of keeping them very rare, in wow everyone has one and you're like "Another Flying mount?".
  • Options
    in WoW i was farming 1 year eggs to hatch green protodrake, day by day was doing daily to get egg, 1 year of waiting but when i got it it was amazing experience, same when i was farming ashes of al'ar (never got it). 
    Here if You have chance to drop an egg and got so exclusive dragon event for limited time will keep you pushing to play more and try better, will keep you interested to play.