Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

War paint

Good day Sirs and Madams,

as you are all aware of, we are heading into a wild land. We will face dangers beyond our wildest dreams and worst nightmares. Not all of us are.. gifted, with appropriate appearances to face such savage lands. <takes a sip from his tea cup before putting it down>
You can't really go into battle looking like you just came out of a model contest. I mean you could and decieve your enemie, but were is the beauty in such underhanded tactics?

There is a simple remedy tho, as old as our own history. War paint.

I would like to inquire if you would want to smear some colour into your face with me before going into battle.
Not some silly fancy tatoos looking pretty, I mean a temporary mask you can done on fit for battle, bloody hands, black signs, dark omens of death, the white shine of reckoning.

I for one would love to get my hands on such a feature. What about you?

tl,dr.: Warpaint, not in the form of a charactercreation thing that is permanent, but something like a mask you can put on for battle. Could go as far as designing our own, but even a few predone ones we can aquire to show our wild side in this untamed world would be an amazing detail.

Comments

• Options
    Yes! Give us that and more!
  • Options
    Well it really depends on whether it fits into the games setting.
    Wouldn't want some random feature put in there for the heck of it.
  • Options
    If we're talking about temporary decorative appearances...

I'd like to make an ear necklace out of defeated PvP opponents. Intrepid, please make people drop an ear after they've died, similar to Diablo II!
  • Options
    I love the idea!
    Especially also being able to paint other peoples faces too.
    "Come here, how do you want to go into battle.... a furry tiger, a clown or the white hand of Saruman?"
  • Options
    There will be for sure and scars, i think they said that already.
  • Options
    This is a nice idea. I would love to expand on it to include a guild sigils that guild members can place on capes and or shields for the less... Ummm... Highlanderish guilds? 
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    There will be for sure and scars, i think they said that already.

Think the op was asking about temporary, pre battle guild warpaint. Not upon character creation I think. 
  • Options
    That is indeed the main point @AutumnWillow . I am sure they will have permanent scars and the like, but having something that you can put on just before battle to put you in the mood, "Let's get down to business, to defeaaaat the huuuns" I mean "Monsteeeers".
    That is what I am talking about.
  • Options
    That's what skins are for.
  • Options
    sure there will be a lot of  options plus i think different races might have different war paint and tattoos  
  • Options
    I haven't seen faceskins yet, but if it's doable like that, sure I'll take it :3
  • Options
    I do like the idea!  More variation is always a good thing.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I could let my Scottish( Pict) heritage be proudly shown!

• Options
    This is quite terrifying as well:
    Image result for makeup gone wrong
  • Options
    This is a nice idea. I would love to expand on it to include a guild sigils that guild members can place on capes and or shields for the less... Ummm... Highlanderish guilds? 
    Would be an actual nice cosmetic for a guild achievement or something o.o

• Options
    Nice idea and could be fun.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    GaFl4Ever said:
    This is quite terrifying as well:
    Image result for makeup gone wrong
    This is essentially your basic Tinder match
  • Options
    You got any face paints you would especially want to see? I posted 2 of my favorites, but I'm sure you all got your own pre war preferences.
    I'm for the simplistic ones that "can be done quick".

but if I know I'm going to war, something more elaborate would be most welcome too. It automaticly sets apart the meaning and gravity of why you put it on. Really love it.

• Options
    I just need to be a 400lb mage that has a tattoo on my belly. 
  • Options
    The idea is interesting whether it's a mask or face paint. It would be nice to draw/make custom ones for example with guild sigils like @AutumnWillow said. I'd totally wear them if they decide they'll have something like that.
  • Options
    TATTOOS UMMPH! WARPAINT UMMPH! 

STRING WITH EARS UMMPH!
  • Options
    Not sute what ummph means but I like the OP'S idea
  • Options
    With the recent side comment from Jeffrey at PAX about buffs through temporary tattoos, I'ma just nekro this for reasons.
    This might actually happen : o